23. You look adorable 😍🤗

An update to make your Monday better I guess

**********************

The first day was not actually first day, it is first afternoon. Their family being the modern family understood the practical difficulty of the couple and let them sleep. Everyone retired to their rooms around 1am and all were tired as hell. It isn't easy to be a part of great Indian wedding. The elders were up by 11am and the cousins woke up around 12.

Everyone decided to bang on Manik's room to wake him up. But they immediately dismissed as they didn't want the newly wed couple to wake up out of shock. So they called Manik. He didn't pick up! He silenced the phone and slept again. And then, they called Nandini.

Our sleepy head Nandini didn't wake up, instead Manik only woke up again. He was for a moment shocked hearing a ringtone other than his phone, ringing in his room. Just then he realized, he is married and now has got a person to share his room with. He didn't want to disturb her and hence he woke up and saw the caller ID. It was Cabir and hence he took the call.

"Nandini everyone has woke up and we are all waiting for you. I know you must be tired, but please grace us with your presence" said Cabir sarcastically.

"Cabir!"

"Manik! Oh. Good thing that you woke up. Please wake up your sleepy head wife and both of you join us for lunch. It's already past noon" that is when Manik saw the time and got jerked for a moment. The man who is always punctual and wakes up at 6am is now waking up at 12:20 🤣. What did this marriage make you Manik Malhotra?

Theirs was not the usual romantic arranged marriage in which a girl wakes up first, takes bath and romantically wakes up her husband.In fact it is just the opposite of it.

Manik woke up first and decided to wake her up. But considering the fact that there is only one washroom and other has to anyway wait out, he decided to wake her up after he freshens up. He grabbed his clothes and quickly went to shower.

He came after a while only to see Nandini pulling blankets over her, snuggling to the pillow and sleeping.
He admired her for a while and having no other choice, decided to wake her up. She looks just like a baby while sleeping. He slowly went near her and called her name. But saw no response from her side. So he shook her a bit by her shoulders and called her again. She was initially shocked seeing a man waking her up.

She was also surprised seeing the unfamiliar surroundings. Just then, it came to her mind that she is married and that man who woke her up is her husband! Husband, how strange that word felt to her. It was all new. The beginning of a new life. She got up and saw that manik was already dressed. He sweetly smiled at her and wished her a good morning. She too mirrored him.

"Nandini, freshen up and come down. Everyone is waiting for us. I will wait till you come" Said Manik taking a seat near the window staring out the city. She took the dress that she has purchased for the first day after marriage and showered quickly.

"You look adorable" complimented Manik and Nandini smiled in response. Both of them descended downstairs, hand in hand. Nandini quickly rushed to the kitchen as it was her pehli rasoi (first time cooking- a ritual generally done after marriage). But what really surprised her was everything was prepared!

"Nandini beta, we all know you must be tired. So we decided to cook. You can cook anytime you want and it is perfectly fine even if you don't cook at all" said the best mother in law, Nyonika.

"Nandini, it is just bua's way of saying you not to step in to the kitchen" said Mukti and Nandini immediately tensed hearing this. Seems like her 'pro cooking' is known by all.

"Shh Mukti, don't scare my daughter. Nandini, your mother has told me you don't know cooking but you make best brownies. So you can make brownies for us one day. Anyway it's only Manik who cooks in this house. He never lets me step inside the kitchen" said Nyonika thus easing the tension.

Soon breakfast was served and everyone had their food. That was how, Nandini's first day went.

But unfortunately/ fortunately, the cousins had to leave today and Nyonika too in order to give some privacy to the couple, went abroad in the name of business meet.

********************************
Do like and vote if you like this chapter. It takes good effort to write these chapters. I would be really delighted to see you all liking this story.