A new start

Everyone was proud of Bai Cao when she won the match between her and Yin Xiu, and she was in the 1st position. She got a new nickname, “Queen of Martial Arts”. She was happy from outside, but deep down she was broken. Not only that, but she wasn't contented with what she had now. She desired something more. Something which could fill the void of loneliness in her heart. She wanted Ruo Bai and Ting Hao to be with her to celebrate her victory. She was missing those moments spent with them. Everyone tried hard to cheer her up, but nothing worked. She just pretended to be happy to not make others worry, but in reality, she wasn't. It was her and Ruo Bai's dream to bring Song Bai hall to the 1st position, which she did.

After 1 month:-

Bai Cao was going to meet Ting Yi. Ting Yi was walking in her garden, adorning the beauty of nature around her. The flowers looked lively when they were dancing gracefully with the breeze. The clouds looked beautiful with a shade of grey in them. Bai Cao entered the garden and silently walked towards Ting Yi. Bai Cao covered Ting Yi's eyes from behind. Ting Yi smiled at the touch of the person.

Ting Yi - Bai Cao!

Bai Cao removed her hand from Ting Yi's eyes.

Bai Cao(smiling) - Yes!

Bai Cao - How are you, Senior Ting Yi?

Ting Yi - I am fine. How are you, and when are you going to stop calling me senior?

Bai Cao -  I am sorry, senior.

Ting Yi - Again, senior.

Bai Cao(nagging) - I can't help it. I have made a habit of calling you “senior”.

Ting Yi - Bai Cao! Bai Cao! You'll never change.

Ting Yi chuckled softly. Bai Cao sheepishly grinned at her.

Ting Yi - Bai Cao, let's go to the living room.

Bai Cao - Ok

Ting Yi - Bai Cao, what's in this bag? Did you go shopping?

Bai Cao -  No, Senior Ting Yi. I have made your favourite chocolate cake.

Bai Cao passed the bag to Ting Yi.

Ting Yi -  Thank you so much, Bai Cao.

Bai Cao -  Senior Ting Yi, you once told me “in friendship there's no sorry and no, thank you”. 

Bai Cao said, frowning at Ting Yi.

Ting Yi - Uh, I forgot

Bai Cao - It's ok. I hope next time you'll understand when I'll again call you “senior” mistakenly.

Ting Yi(Pursing her lips) - Look, you're planning to call me senior, again. I'm not going to talk to you.

Ting Yi was acting to be mad at Bai Cao.

Bai Cao grabbed her ear with her fingers.

Bai Cao - I will not say it again.

Ting Yi - Ok, this time I'm spearing you. Next time, I will not be lenient.

Bai Cao(smiling) - Ok, let's go now.

Ting Yi - Ok.  Let's go in. We'll cut the cake.

Ting Yi placed the cake on the table

Ting Yi - What are you waiting for? Cut it.

Bai Cao - I thought, you will cut it. Let's cut it together.

Ting Yi - Yeah, sure.

They cut and distributed it equally.

Ting Yi - Let's go to my room.

Bai Cao - Ok.

They went into Ting Yi's room and started eating the cake.

Ting Yi - The taste of your cake is similar to older brother's.

Tears welled up in Ting Yi's eyes as she remembered the beautiful moments spent with her older brother. She wanted to relive those moments, but Ting Hao was gone. It was his choice. Bai Cao felt sad seeing Ting Yi like that.

Bai Cao(Trying to cheer Ting Yi up) - You know, Senior Ting Hao gave me his secret recipe for this cake.

Ting Yi(shocked) - What! He never gave me. I asked him several times, but he always refused to give it to me. He truly loved you, Bai Cao.

Bai Cao became sad.

Ting Yi- Thank you, Bai Cao, for making this cake. After so long, I had the privilege to get the taste of my older brother's special cake. Thank you so much!

Bai Cao - Don't say thanks or else I'll be mad at you.

Ting Yi - Ok. Actually, it brought back many memories, which made me overwhelmed.

Bai Cao - Senior Ting Yi.

Saying this, she hugged Ting Yi.

Bai Cao - Senior Ting Yi, I promise, I'll bring senior Ting Hao back to us. So, from now on, please don't ever cry. Ok?

Ting Yi - Ok, Bai Cao but how will you bring him back? This was his choice, and he did not stop when I requested him to. He is really stubborn, Bai Cao.

Bai Cao - I don't know how, but I'm sure I will. Moreover, I am more stubborn than him and I believe in saying “When there's a will, there's a way”

Ting Yi - Bai Cao, you're really too good. Thanks for being with me.

Bai Cao - Again, thanks!

Ting Yi(making a baby face) - You called me senior, too.

Bai Cao began laughing seeing Ting Yi's expression and seeing Bai Cao Ting Yi too burst into laughter.

Ting Yi - Bai Cao you know, after older brother, you're the closest to me. I know, I can always count on you.

Bai Cao - Aw! It really means a lot, Senior Ting Yi. What about Senior Shen Bo?

Ting Yi - Shen Bo's parents are unwell. So, apart from taking care of Fang Enterprise, he has to take care of his family too.

Bai Cao - Oh! That's why he's not with you these days.

Ting Yi - Actually, he was reluctant to leave me alone because he was entrusted to take care of me by my older brother, and he's extremely loyal. I had to request him to go.

Bai Cao - Senior Shen Bo is really very caring.

Ting Yi - Yeah

Suddenly, Bai Cao's phone ringed.

Baicao(shocked) -  What. Are you serious?

TO BE CONTINUED