Chang An's haunted memory

Bai Cao - Why do you love me so much, Senior Ting Hao?

Ting Hao - You have already asked me this question earlier, and I have answered it. Now, it's my turn to ask.

Bai Cao - What do you mean?

Ting Hao - Just answer my question, okay?

Bai Cao - Okay.

Ting Hao - Why do you not love me? What is the reason for not liking me? Is there any reason to not like me?

Bai Cao(in her mind) - Why do I not like him? Do I have a reason? No, there is no reason for me to not like him or for not loving him. Then, what should I answer him?

Ting Hao(in his mind) - I know you do not have an answer to my question. And even if you have, you will not tell me. I know that, and you also know why I love you so much.

Ting Hao was looking at Bai Cao. Ting Hao smiled and said.

Ting Hao - Bai Cao, you don't need to answer me. I do not want an answer anymore.

Bai Cao - What do you mean? Did you always wanted a reason for not accepting your proposal? Of course, you did. But why do you not want an answer now?

Ting Hao - Bai Cao, you know that I respect you a lot, right?

Bai Cao - Yeah, I know that you respect me.

Ting Hao - Because I respect you, I respect your decision, Bai Cao. It is okay if you do not have an answer.

Bai Cao - I am sorry, Senior Ting Hao. But I really don't have an answer.

Ting Hao - I know. Okay, show me your hand.

Bai Cao - Okay.

Then Bai Cao extends her hand, and Ting Hao starts applying the cream on Bai Cao's hand. Bai Cao was again looking at Ting Hao.

After a minute, Ting Hao stood up

Ting Hao - Done. I think you should go and take some rest now.

Bai Cao stood up too.

Bai Cao - But I have to help you.

Ting Hao puts his hand on Bai Cao's shoulder and makes her sit on the bed.

Ting Hao - No need, Bai Cao. Everything is almost done, you really need rest, you have done a lot of work today.

Bai Cao - But I can't sit like this. At least, let me come to the kitchen with you, please!

Ting Hao - Okay, but you will just sit there, and you will just observe, is that clear?

Bai Cao - Okay.

Then both Ting Hao and Bai Cao went to the kitchen. As they reached there, Ting Hao started preparing the icing for the cake. And Bai Cao was sitting on the chair.

After 15 minutes, the oven starts beeping.

Bai Cao(excitedly) - The cake is ready. I am going to take it out.

Ting Hao(immediately) - No!

Bai Cao - Why?

Ting Hao - Because I don't want you to get hurt again. Sit down.

Bai Cao again sat on the chair, and Ting Hao went near the oven. He took out the cake. The cake was perfectly baked.

Bai Cao - Wow! The cake is perfectly baked.

Ting Hao(proudly) - It had to happen. After all, the great chef, Fang Ting Hao has made this cake.

Bai Cao - Yes, Chef Fang Ting Hao, you are great. What a cake you made. Wow! I hope that you will definitely make me your disciple. I really want to make cakes like you.