31) Kazekage

The idea seemed strange at first. Regardless of their feelings for it, Team 7 had to carry out their new self-assigned mission. As the morning greeted the Village of The Sand, everyone had scattered around to fulfill their mission.

To become a kazekage was an arduous task. It would take much dedication, effort, and trials to do so, however Gaara was ready to go through all of this in order to reach his goals and ambition.

As soon as Naruto had reached the spot he had wanted to make his voice heard, he cleared his throat and prepared his voice. "Hey, who here needs a new kazekage?" Everyone continued ignoring him. "I mean it. You're all fools to not listen to me!"

Sakura could only sigh at this display. All her friend was doing was embarrassing himself in front of the passing street, and yet Naruto had not shown a care for pride or dignity when speaking.

"Is this idea really going to work? We can't just make someone a kazekage with just a few shouts and cries."

"Unfortunately, that's all we have on us." Sasuke sighed. "Gaara's easily the most powerful in the village, so we do have that covered. We still need to figure out how to manage his voice being heard."

"Oh, his voice is heard alright. I'm pretty sure he just needs to be shown in a good light."

"To do that:" Sasuke looked upon the shouting Naruto, as if to indicate that he was a primal focus of their efforts. "The dunce needs to get his words right."

"I suppose we should work too..." sakura pondered.

"Do you have any ideas?"

Sakura thought to herself. Seeing Naruto put so much effort into his voice, only to be ignored by those around him - it was difficult to witness. To first get the attention of those around them, they needed to first get the townspeople's consent and approval to speak, and depending on if they were curious, they would give the necessary information for them.

As Sakura looked around, she had tried to focus on what could appeal to a mass market. Food stalls, clothes shops, and many others of the sort were dotted around the village. In seeing a craft shop, Sakura had an idea.

"Y'know, because it's really hard to get trees and sugar here, paper's become really expensive here. How much do you have on you?"

"Why are you asking" Sasuke showed visible confusion, however he knew that Sakura was a trustworthy source to tell this sort of information to. "I've got around 3,500G. It's not a lot, but it can get us a few sheets."

"Let's see... I have 4,000, and as for Naruto..." Sakura ran to her friend. "Hey, Naruto, how much money do you have on you."

Their friend stopped his loud shouts in order to bring out his pouch. As he looked towards the frog-like pouch, he opened the seal on it only to invoke Sakura's disappointment.

"1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10!" Naruto beamed. "10G!"

"That's not exactly worth anything, Naruto..." sakura groaned.

"Do you need it for anything?" Naruto asked, however Sakura thought not to tell her friend in order to avoid any concerns.

"No. I was just curious. I don't need the money." Sakura smiled quickly, in order to sell her lie. "Thanks for the help, though!" As Sakura ran back to Sasuke to relay her information, she spoke once more to keep him caught up. "No use relying on Naruto, but I'd say it's a good idea to pull what we have and buy some sheets and tools for drawing."

"3,500 and 4,000G should make us 7,500, which is enough for about 15 sheets of paper, thanks to how paper is so damn expensive here. How would that carry us further than Naruto's voice?"