25) Night sky

Night. After the main quarrels of the day, and the fight of the dark sky, came a new short moment of peace. In the campsite for the silent team, lay the tainted blonde.

Naruto got out of his tent, aware of his sleeping comrades. To him, it was difficult to get to sleep. In an attempt to find some rest, Naruto sat by the log behind the closed fire.

The sound of crickets hummed. The tweets of the birds merged with the surrounding air, echoing across the forest. Meanwhile, the darkness of the area enveloped Its surroundings, drowning anything in its mist- except Naruto.

He knew how his current jutsu worked. In an attempt to find some light, he created a shadow clone. Knowingly, the clone decided to tap amongst the originals main hand to form chakra. Soon, glowing blue threads could be seen spiralling around in a simple rasengan ball. It was not his best rasengan, but it had to do for now.

Naruto's eyes were reflected with the strands, causing a bright circular shape to be in his pupils. It was very bright, but somehow calming to look at. The sounds of the whirling ball grasped the chirps of the birds, and overtook them in intensity. The area was nice for Naruto. He had a lot to think about for one night and this was his time to do so.

"It's beautiful."

It was shocking to hear. Naruto turned to his behind. "Hinata?" The rasengan was just bright enough to highlight her red face. "Your face is red. If your sick, then is that why your outside?"

"Uh," She was caught, but her scapegoat was found. "Yeah... just a night flu." Would Naruto fall for it?

"Hmm," Naruto inspected her face a little, causing it to redden more. "I guess your right. Come sit down then!"

There was no escape now for Hinata. She had somehow found a moment to be with Naruto, but it felt too early of a time. The girl slowly walked awkwardly to Naruto and sat down. They were quiet; the silence was horrible. Naruto turned to her and inspected her face a little more.

"Thanks!"

"Huh?" Hinata was still looking away in shyness. "Wha- wha did I do?"

"You saved me." The rasengan brightened in Naruto's effort to show gratitude. "You're a quiet one, you know. So it was surprising when you walked up to me that day. It... it means a lot, you know?"

Now Hinata finally looked. She could see it now- the rasengan was getting brighter. Naruto had believed her fake illness about the night flu, and was attempting to cure it with a warmer, brighter and better rasengan by adding more chakra. It was his daft way of showing gratitude; it was a nice way of showing gratitude. Hinata finally made an effort to be less shy, after seeing Naruto's struggle to make her warmer. She had to stop blushing by being more confident.

"Uh, I'm so glad you liked it,"

"Liked it? I loved it when you came to me. You showed that stupid fox good when you came to me! I'll be sure to show off a 'lil when I see him again!"

"Uh," In a miraculous moment, Hinata knew exactly what to say with full confidence. "Yes, you should do that!" It was embarrassingly loud, but suitable.

"Believe it!" Naruto jumped up in happiness, causing the light in his rasengan to shake.

"Um, Yes! Believe it."

It was exiting. Naruto finally sat down after he realised that his shaking of the hand, did not help Hinata's fake illness. Hinata realised and smiled gently at his consideration. Naruto could often be quite rude sometimes when he was not giving a mind to a certain event, but now he was considerate. He respected Hinata, and she finally realised that. It seemed ever since the chūnin exams, Naruto had found a spot for Hinata to be a friend.

"Hey, come by whenever your free sometimes to see me and captain Yamato," This was made up without any thought, "Maybe we could train together and get stronger!" But they both knew he meant it.

"Yes!" She was awkward around him, but she wanted to see him more often. "I accept. Is that ok?" She wanted to see more of Naruto.

He grinned at Hinata; it was an innocent smile. They both smiled in different volumes. Naruto and Hinata sat together watching the moon that night. In the distant future, it would come to be their most prized memory together.

______________________________________________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. Danzo Of ROOT
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher
10. Yamato as Naruto's new teacher
11. Sai of ROOT
12. Shizune as Tsunade's assistant
13. Tonton as Tsunade's pig
14. Suigetsu the liquid mystery
15. Kabuto as a villain
16. Hinata of the hyuga clan
17. Ino of the Yamanaka clan
18. Tenten as a weapons expert
19. Lee as the rock solid ally
20. Neji of the Hyuga cadet branch
21. Shikamaru as of the Nara clan
22. Choji of the Akimichi clan
23. Kiba of the Inuzuka clan
24. Shino as the insect specialist