15)Meeting

The rats followed their designated trail and finally splashed into a message on Sai's scroll. He read it carefully and then sighed to himself.

"Seems the main information I've gathered now is enough. Kabuto seems too focused on those others in order to notice me. I might as well abandon ship for now."

Just then Sakura came dashing through the corridor. Sai widened his eyes in shock but did not do anything to stop her. The young kunoichi sprinted past, using her fists, she destroyed Sai.

"Cha!"

Ink fell onto the floor. Sakura turned back and realised more mice were going to their respected leader. It had seemed Sai made multiple clones to disguise himself. Kakashi came forth soon after.

"I saw the mice. Mind filling me in?"

"I punched the guy but he separated into that. He came prepared."

"Of course he did." Kakashi put his hands upon his forehead, grazing the metal on his headband, "We can't head back yet though."

"Why not?"

"Listen carefully."

They stood quietly. Suddenly, screams similar to Naruto and Sasuke were heard, which caused Sakura to widen her eyes.

"Let's hurry!"

"Right!"

______________________________________________________________________

To Anko they seemed like idiots, but it was her job to protect them. She shouted her order to return, but the two boys ignored.

Kabuto, realising this, had thrown his book at Sasuke, tripping him up in the process. Naruto continued with a loud snarl. He pulled out his fists and rammed it into Kabuto. The fist landed onto Kabuto's palm. He smirked and then spoke solemnly.

"Can you not see a simple block?"

Naruto had his eyes almost red in anger. His enemy did not waste time and in the limited contact the two had made, he put Naruto in a position where both their hands moved in synchronised movements.

"Striking shadow snakes!"

Through his sleeve, a snake crept up and bit Naruto. Kabuto smirked. Naruto gasped for a second. As soon as the pain started to sink in, he shoved Kabuto aside and begun screaming in pain. His screams were loud, they were agonising to listen to, and they payed no mind to the demon within Naruto. Slowly Naruto's eyes had reverted back to blue.

Anko quickly ran up ahead to comfort Sasuke who was near her. Soon after she rolled him to face her gaze, she realised he was in immense pain.

"What's wrong with you?"

"That book. Why does it hurt so much?"

"What?"

She felt it too suddenly. It was not the book that gave her pain, it was Kabuto himself. The two winced in pain whilst lying on the cold ground. Kabuto walked up ahead and laughed maniacally. His screams erupted across the room and everybody in the area heard it. He quickly reached into his pocket and grabbed different black strands out of it.

"Guess who's hair this is?" He had a happy ring to his voice.

Anko slowly got up in anger, "Why do you have Orochimaru's hair?"

"Well, after a few days, lord Orochimaru knew Sasuke had changed his mind. Since the sound 4 failed to retrieve Sasuke and we knew you konoha shinobi would be onto us, my lord retreated. Fearing his stuff being ruined, he let me take charge in guarding everything. It was all a ruse. We knew of your arrival!"