23) New Request

"Do you think Naruto will question anything?" Sakura whispered over to Sasuke as they waited for their third team member.

"Relax. Naruto's an idiot so you shouldn't worry over something so trivial."

Before any further point could be made, a loud raspy voice slammed through their conversation to start their mission. Sasuke grunted in annoyance whilst Sakura felt embarrassed over his sudden appearance.

The three had previously agreed to meet up along the alleyway behind the ichiraku ramen shop. This would then follow team 7 walking towards the hokage's office, where Yamato and another untold comrade awaited them.

As the trio walked over, Naruto smiled in his usual idiotic manner. Worriedly, Sakura looked over to Sasuke as a silent plea for advice on if their plan would work. Sasuke shrugged her off and continued walking.

As a jinchūriki, Naruto was to secretly be escorted out of the village without the approval of the elders. Using a simples B-rank mission as their scapegoat, Sasuke was sure that it would work; he detailed his different scenarios to both Anko and Tsunade and they had both praised him.

For the first time since his failed rogue mission, Sasuke had finally cared for his comrade. He continued walking along with Naruto and Sakura, knowing that their job would be easy- it was the other side that was going to obtain a level of difficulty. He smiled; Anko would definitely succeed.

'Anko sensei, it's all up to you now. Don't you dare mess up.'

______________________________________________________________________

When they arrived, the unexpected comrade that team 7 was told of had finally revealed herself.

"Hinata?"

The girl blushed at Naruto's call. "Uh, H- Hi Naruto..."

To Sasuke, Hinata's presence in the mission had made perfect sense. Her clan was blessed with the ultimate ability of the all-seeing eye: the byakugan, in order to detect foes from miles on end. With Hinata on the team, this was a sure-fire way to ensure ROOT would not follow them.

Yamato also stood there with the younge genin group. Unknown to Sasuke, the reason for Yamato's appearance in their plan had not made much sense, however it would have to do.

"I'm assigning you all an special elite B-rank mission!" Tsunade ushered the room into silence. "Nothing too dangerous here, but not completing this assignment could spell the end of the shinobi world as we know it." The area tensed up as Tsunade said this. "You are all to travel to the village hidden in sand in order to warn the village elders about the akatsuki. I'm aware that all of you already picked up who they are thanks to Naruto's speech. Since the kazekage is currently undecided at the moment, I entrust you all to see the village elders first and foremost. Is that clear?"

"Yes lady hokage!" Everyone shouted in unison.

"Alright. You are all dismissed!" The group that was ordered had all scurried towards the exit door, leaving both Tsunade and Shizune left. "Any word from Anko?"

"She is already attempting in friendly contact with Sai under the rules that this is a form of reconciliation. Where are you taking them, lady Tsunade?"

"Interesting question," She pulled up a map out of her desk drawer. "The documents we found from Kakashi in the search mission had given us a map of a possible other hideout owned by Orochimaru. I don't want to search it until later when we are aware that it is emptied of traps, however we can use this as an opportunity to corner Sai and get him to spill out his crimes."