18) Past Issue

Nothing was happy in this area. The air contained a thick dinghy vibe, each of the scents flowing inside were that of a distasteful aroma. Water flooded the bottom quarter of the long room and pillars were shoved in the front of the hall; a sinister smirk was beneath the cage.

Naruto knew, he knew that he was here for a purpose. He wiped away his fear and trudged along the misty fog that layered the room. This was Naruto, or at least he thought it was him. Each step that was taken signified more and more of his fears washing away in the bloody drenched water. Soon his eyes narrowed upwards, he still saw pitch black behind the pillars.

"What do you want from me if your disturbing me now?"

A pale imitation of a chuckle left the cage and entered besides Naruto's ears. He felt like taking kunai out, but he knew it was no use against the great beast within him.

It spoke finally in a tenacious remark, "Naruto," The large body of a fox appeared, "When I first met you, you wanted rent. I have paid what you wished and now I want the benefits of my rent!"

Each of its body was slowly coming into shape. First came it's strong lanky arms, soon after its ears and whiskers, and was soon complimented by its full horrendous face. It was a monster. A beast feared by all due to causing harm and anguish.

"I'm not scared of you, you know!" His fists rose, "And I never will be. Believe it!"

Another fake chuckle came along. Naruto tensed his brow and walked back a little. His fear showed a little but as soon as he stepped back, he trudged back forward knowing that he could not show fear against the beast.

"You are a jinchûriki. Me and you have been together since birth and at this point we are one. This means you do not fear yourself, but who does?"

"You don't make sense so shut up and go back inside your cage!"

"You are me, and I am you. If I should shut up then so should you. If your not scared of me then neither am I to you. We are one. Do you understand?"

"I'm tired of your nonsense!"

It moved forward. Finally, its body could be seen and it was fully viewable to the eye. The fox spoke to Naruto from above him. The symbolism in their power echoed through the base of the room.

"Would you like to know where I'm leading to?"

"All this had a point?"

"Foolish child." The fox pointed its sharp nails at Naruto. "If everyone detests me, yet we are one, then do they act the same towards you?"

"What?"

"Still dumb I see. Does everyone you cherish see you for what is inside your belly? Or for what is inside your heart?"

Naruto produced a shadow clone. He had enough of the beasts talking and wanted to fight.

"I have tons of friends. Sasuke, Sakura and many more love me. They don't care for you-"

"What about the people who don't harbour a personal connection to you?" His smirk thickened to reveal his sharp razor teeth. "Your best friends don't know. Yet everyone who does detests and hates you. Me and you are the same, so this means you are a mass murderer that can't be kept custody of. Your a monster."

"They would see me as a friend even if they did know!"

The fox settled his smile. He had already known the battle was won on his side. The plan to weaken the seal within Naruto was about to draw to its conclusion.

"I sense the regret and contradiction in your voice. I am you and you are me, so tell somebody of your secret and I shall lend you all of my chakra if they still love you. If loathing comes however, then you really are what I tell you-"