32) Transition

To say that nothing had happened in the 2 years that had followed was an understatement. Everyone had grown, developed, and matured - to some extent. Not much news was heard from the Sand Village, however rumours had rised stating that they were in the midst of enforcing more tighter security measures. In having Naruto tell Gaara to begin his preparations, it would seem that he had taken his advice to heart.

Elsewhere, in the Leaf Village, Team 7 were forced once more into being split apart. This did not stop them, however, as they frequently visited one another on the days they were free. In order to prepare for the very next Chûnin Exams, Sakura had often sparred with Sasuke on any free Saturday that she could make it, which was done in an attempt to make sure that both sides were growing at a fair rate. Furthermore, whilst Naruto was often busy with Yamato, he would always train with the victor that had won on the following Sunday, and eventually the trio had developed a strange link with one another.

Whenever any of the boys were wounded, it was often Tsunade's duty to help them. After a few monthes had passed, she enforced the help of Sakura, and soon enough, she had become an excellently well-known doctor - who was capable of precise and steady medical jutsu. She was still slow to progress however, but Tsunade had trained her strictly to combat this in the coming years.

There was also Sasuke, who had both honed his Chidori, whilst also practising the jutsu in which Anko was determined to pass to him. It took many months to fully learn it all, but soon he did not regret leaving Team 7. If he could learn all of this and still keep in contact with those close to him, then slaying Itachi would be much easier than anticipated.

Finally, there was Naruto. His training was classified. Whilst he was never good at keeping secrets, Yamato had drilled it into his very soul to not spill what his training focused on. It was more for diplomatic reasoning as to why he was forced to hide his actions, as Tsunade was still under strict political pressure to take action against the Leaf's jinchûriki.

Nevertheless, Naruto kept his word, and his training with Yamato was secret even to Hinata, who visited every-so-often, in order to check up on him. The 2 would always eat their separate bento boxes, and they found each other's company to be greatly appreciated. Little-by-little, Naruto would try to confront and talk to the fox within him. Their conversations never worked, but he was determined to make a difference. Whilst nothing was done in their relationship in the 2 years that passed, the fox was always expecting Naruto's appearance every few weeks.

Finally, these 2 years saw peace from both the sides of the Leaf, and the side of the Akatsuki, who had not risen as of yet to claim Naruto. The village had still kept their security on a tight patrol, and whilst Tsunade expected pressure from Danzo's forces to take action against the Leaf's jinchûriki, he had gone strangely silent in these last few years. This was seen more as a blessing than anything, but whatever ROOT was planning was still something that Tsunade was greatly worried for.

Indeed, these 2 following years were mostly peaceful. Preparations for battle were made. Soon, everyone had eventually managed to pass their Chûnin exams, and after much effort, they were able to take on even more powerful missions togethor. All of this was done to make sure they were ready for the coming future. Soon enough, the Akatsuki would attack, in a larger force than what the Leaf had already expected. One day, Naruto and the others would need to be ready, otherwise those closest to them would be lost.

END OF PART 1