5) Hokage

Sakura was never the type of girl who worked hard. Back in the academy days she was what many of her classmates called "naturally talented". Back then she would pass tests as they came without revision and pass time happily as she planned and devised ways to compete with the other girls in the looks department.

Before, she thought nothing less of Naruto. He worked hard diligently. He took verbal abuse from her when she was too young to know anything. He even took the shame of being the worst student in the class. With all these talents Naruto was still somewhat of a role model and as Sakura looked back on her academy days, she realised his developments.

______________________________________________________________________

"Alright, let's try our practical work. This is going to be tricky at first but remember this is the essentials. Bring the fish back to life!"

She looked down at her table in front of her. Tsunade stood beside her with an impatient face and the mood turned tense as Sakura looked at the fish. It was disgusting to her; never before had she ever had to do hands-on work like this. She endured it and suppressed the dingy smell into the depths of its injury.

It was a simple carp that housed a grey skin and tiny black eyes. The injury was minor but a deadly challenge for Sakura: a tiny needle puncture that was in the process of leaking out blood.

Sakura steadied her hands and brought her chakra energy to her fingertips. Tsunade viewed her as a green light lit up in a dim manner.

"We have yet to work on the chakra transfer of your hands. They say the finger tips are difficult places to manage your
transportation of chakra. Just remember Sakura, that this is all about connecting the skin so that the blood does not leak out and if it does then it means you have done it wrong."

She listened and finally made contact with the marine creature. It was more difficult then expected. Just the sight put her off as when she messed up the skin, more blood started pouring out and in some cases, it would make contact with her hand.

"Don't be a coward..." Tsunade was in a chatty mood, "if you can't handle this simple sight then remember that you will face more perils ahead in the world of the shinobi."

"But...the blood is-"

"Contact with blood is nothing. Let me ask you something, what is blood normally comprised of?"

Sakura stopped her concentration and looked towards her instructor, unaware of the red liquid leaking out.

"Water."

"Simple enough. You drink water on a daily basis to help your blood. Since most of your body is blood and water, just think of it as a simple version of that liquid you consume."

This reassured Sakura and she quickly went back to the creature to heal it. Due to her ignoring the leak however when she stopped Tsunade picked up the fish and sighed.

"It was a fair battle for a first try. Remember though that if you are distracted on the battlefield you risk your patients life. Lives are brittle and can easily be tampered with so try to avoid distractions and succumb them."

She pat Sakura on the head and smiled only briefly. After a yawn escaped her however she walked off towards the door outside.