3) ...Sasuke...

He wanted to shower his friend with questions on their final proper meeting. He wanted to finally tell him his proper sorry. He wanted to fix all the past clashes behind the present and seal them away into the depths of their distant memories.

When the medical ninja walked into the room he had already cursed her within his mind but he walked away with the shallow impression he had pulled back in his academy days and marched on.

"Guess this is it. Goodbye Naruto. Tell me when we next meet as comrades."

He knew his friend had wanted more to say but he could not be asked to give permission for extra time. It was pointless anyway, they were never going to look at each other the same again so nothing was ever going to happen.

In his tracks he stopped as he saw another team walk past him. They were almost invisible, only their voices bought Sasuke back to his younger days in team 7.

"Man, how come he always has to be reckless like that. It's getting annoying after visiting him so much now."

"Yeah but he is a comrade. The least we can do is check on him. Besides, he did the same with you, that time you scraped your knee in our mission with those bandits."

Their voices were fading as they went past Sasuke but he had used his ears to their fullest potential by listening in to the full conversation.

"How come when I scraped my knee you never bought roses yet you bring it for him every time he's reckless."

The girl stammered, "um, shut up. It's just that these roses where expensive so I couldn't waste it on you."

"But you use the huge amounts of money on him?"

"Um...uh..."

Sasuke did not need to listen in anymore as the screams that followed suggested that the young kunoichi was making the boy eat his words.

It had reminded him yet again of Naruto and someone else, Sakura. Sakura had confessed her love properly to him for the first time before he set for his departure on their last meeting and he was still trying to figure out what he should do about it.

He realised that Sakura would have probably been regretful of saying that but who could blame her?

He scratched his head in thought as he tried to think of a way to say his goodbyes to Sakura.

______________________________________________________________________

To calm his nerves down he took a brisk walk around konoha in order to find any occasion to bring him to an area of mindfulness. On his journey he walked past numerous buildings along the narrow yellow pathway.

Naruto's favourite ramen shops passed him by his left; he had remembered him always seeing Naruto at that location sometimes when he went through the area previously.

He also crawled through the abandoned Uchiha village which, after the great massacre, he would sneak into in order to remember his goals and motives. He resisted the temptation to go into the hellish landscape again however as he noted he could not bring himself to handle it on this present day due to his feelings and thoughts maturing.

After a while, the next spot made him stop in his tracks as he remembered the importance it brung him. The day before on his leave this was the location he was stopped at: a lone chair where he first scolded Sakura for taking her parents for granted, it was also where she gave her feelings to Sasuke. This chair made him remember everything. It was the beginning, and also what was to be the end of his leave.