11) Introductions

Taking her time to check her masters work, Shizune carefully scrolled through the documents Tsunade had signed after a weeks worth of work.

On one such occasion the young apprentice found a folder which she deduced had already been tampered with; Ignoring this however brought herself to speak to the new hokage.

"Are ROOT not active anymore?"

Tsunade slowly gazed back at her worker and opened her lips to bring sound, "Your right."

"So why are they still sending letters?" Tonton crawled near Shizune and oinked in agreement.

"It's all so confusing you see." Tsunade packed up her previously finished documents, "Despite being inactive they're still allowed to send letters of opinion which I don't particularly like."

"And what about the case of Sai?"

A yawn escaped the hokage, "Sai?"

"The extra shinobi you sent along with Anko."

"Oh yes!" She stood from her chair, "The boy has been trained before and was recently planned to be put into the anbu later on. Despite having no ROOT duties to finish, he's still valuable at times. Anything else?"

"No thank you. My curiosity has been fed."

"Thank goodness!"

After exiting her seat and tucking it in, Tsunade turned back and leaned on the window to look at the night view of konoha. The lights were on, bringing a pleasing sight after a days work.

"It's beautiful!"

"I agree lady Tsunade."

The pig oinked in agreement once more. The search team had just been sent out around a few hours before this event. It was estimated they would arrive the next day.

"Who's in the search team again?" Shizune tapped her master, "I forget."

"Let's see..." Tsunade put her finger upon her cheek, "Kakashi, Yamato, Anko, Sakura, Sasuke, and of course Naruto. Why do you ask?"

"I'm just worried is all."

"Rest soundly Shizune!" She tapped her students head and began to leave the room, "Even if he's a jinchûriki, Naruto is capable and the more shinobi alongside him the better."

Shizune turned her head back and smiled, "I know. Sorry for bothering you."

"No worries. I'm sure Dan would be very proud of his little niece currently."

"Thank you lady Tsunade."

Naruto had opened Tsunade's heart and a softness had grown for a while. This brought Shizune to curve her lips upwards once more, It had been a while since she was this happy around work.

______________________________________________________________________

The walk past midnight had tired everyone's stamina however not many members of the search team were bothered by it. Kakashi and Yamato both noted that team 7 was much more relaxed around each other.

Sasuke would still bicker with Naruto, Sakura would still make rude comments if Naruto decided to be daft, and Sasuke continued staying quiet unless approached.

"There's something different about my squad..."

"What do you mean?" Yamato quickly replied, "Whenever you talked to me about your team, you always mentioned they did this stuff."

"Yes..." Kakashi smiled, "but I sense no venom in their rude comments. They are no longer doing mindless bickering, they're doing this as friends."