19) Speech

He was made to go along with his teacher. Atop the leaning branches of the forest trees, Naruto took a solemn look across the path to his destination.

"I don't want to go."

"Nonsense!" Jiraiya landed across him on his side. "Let's get this over with and then you can stay moody back at Konoha."

"They're going to hate me."

Sadly, Naruto started to walk back until force was applied to his collar, strangling him. "Stop acting spoilt and come along. Shouldn't your people know what their future hokage is?"

"No!" He slapped Jiraiya's grip across his collar. "Because when I become hokage, is when I'll tell them."

"You misunderstand boy!" Jiraiya put his hand in Naruto's shoulder. "It's not when you become hokage that you earn respect, it's when you earn respect that you become hokage!"

"Whatever," The student closed his eyes in shame. "It won't matter then if they hate me when I tell them. It's no use telling anyone anything."

Naruto hurried along, leaving Jiraiya in shock. Whilst clenching his lips, he ran along to catch his student.

"Tsuande's betting on you. Did you know that?" He could see Naruto slow down his pace. "She said that if your friends rejected you as a friend, then she would resign as hokage. Wouldn't it seem a bit odd that she resigns a role so big? It gives you enough room to take it!"

"Tsunade's known as the legendary loser. She's useless!"

"Naruto, its only when Tsunade bets her life, that she wins. She's betting her title of hokage now: her newfound life - the one you helped her find."

"It doesn't matter. Stop talking."

Both Naruto and Jiraiya sped along. Amongst them, a picnic was being held at a special meeting spot.

______________________________________________________________________

Across the final valley, various genin sat across in mini groups, conversing with each other. Sakura and Sasuke: whom were invited to the occasion, sat across a group including their famed friends.

The area was previously-mentioned to be known as a popular monument among the shinobi world. The two known powerful ninja to ever brace the earth once battled across this place, in a fight to decide the ages.

Whilst most of the final valley was filled with a large ravine of water, the rocky surface beside it hosted various sightseeing spots and marvellous views for the eyes.

Sakura and Sasuke (whom had just arrived at the event) gathered their things and sat along with a group beside them. Whilst the two were about to converse, a voice was heard as quickly as they arrived.

"So you went to sightsee this place Sasuke dear. How bold of you to sneak out of konoha for it!"

"Sakura... get your friend off of me-"

"Lay off her Ino-pig! Sasuke never went to sightsee this place, stop making a flirty remark over something so serious!"

"Oh no!" The girl grasping Sasuke's shoulder loosened her grip. "I'm so sorry that I'm more close with Sasuke then you could ever be. May your forever-dwelling omniscient billboard-brow forgive me."

Ino was a girl that Sakura had a like-hate relationship with. As the two eyed each other grimly, Sasuke slowly walked away from the two to visit Kakashi.