6) Instructor

In the black dusk of night, Sakura trained hard after the initial shock was given. She planned on asking Tsunade many questions the morning after but for now her goals were separate from the future and she aimed to make team 7 functional again.

However, despite Naruto resting in the quiet embers of sleep another figure took action similar to Sakura's in order to gain an advantage over the other two.

_______________________________________

Footsteps were heard; they were careful not to be traceable. Each step showed confidence and none of them wavered in rhythm. Three knocks were given and after a full five minutes of waiting and gradually knocking, a feminine scream was heard and the door slammed open to show an angry purple haired women with a similar coloured night suit.

She noticed Sasuke and groaned in agony at the fact she was sent to work earlier then planned.

"What do you want?"

Sasuke remained calm in his demeanour and spoke rationally, "Are you Anko Mitarashi by any chance?"

"No!"

The boy bowed his head in apology, "Sorry for waking you up. I'll be off now."

He slowly walked away whilst looking at the address that the paper Spoke of which Tsunade gave him; It was just the door which  he passed.

He stopped in his tracks when he heard a snicker from the house he just left. Within a swift turnaround he quickly walked up to the now panicking women and spoke.

"I don't like many people, but out of the types of people I hate, I especially don't like liars."

A sigh was given out of the women and she finally figured out she was caught in the act, "Don't you think you should not take that tone in front of your new master."

"I preferred Kakashi over you. Your less powerful."

"Well I preferred not having a brat like you being my student but right now life kind of sucks so we have to live with it."

Sasuke walked into the house, aware of the fact that Anko just wanted to rest, "Agreed."

"Who said you could come in?"

"No one as far as I'm aware of."

This brought annoyance to Anko as she grunted a little and slowly, she closed her door once she realised this was the point of no return. Once the two were inside Sasuke was browsing the various things inside her house such as the shelves, books and belongings of her.

"What do you think your doing?"

The young genin continued his search.

"Answer me now or else I won't hesitate to fix up your attitude."

He showed no remorse in looking through her private belongings and along his search he uttered his response with expertise.

"Our new hokage told me that your meant to be close to Orochimaru in some way so I'm searching to see if she's correct."

"Did you ever think of asking?"

"I don't think that crossed my mind."

This one response had sent Anko tightening her fists and her urge to send Sasuke into the inner depths of pain increased rapidly.

"Why don't you stop with the attitude and I'll tell you my relation to Orochimaru. You should know your not alone; there are others like you."

"I don't think anyone had their entire clan massacred."

"What else do you have that no one has?"

"That's non of your business."

"It is now since I'm your new instructor. Face me directly and I'll show you."

Sasuke finally stopped his ransacking and he shifted his face towards Anko. The girl slowly sighed deeply and sat down so Sasuke and her were both on an equal height. At this point she lowered her shirt on the top slightly at the back so the bottom of her neck was exposed and once Sasuke looked at what she wanted him to see his eyes slowly enlarged.

"How?"

"Funny huh?"

"No it's not!" Sasuke took a complete change in tone as his shock took over.

"I was surprised when I heard about you as well back in the chunin exam. As your initial proctor back then I'm sorry for letting scum like Orochimaru into the exam and I apologise for sending you to feel my pain."

He was still baffled.

"What's wrong?"

"I thought I was alone-"

"In this world Sasuke, your never alone. Always remember that well and don't ever mix it up or get it wrong."

At that precise moment the two immediately gained more respect for each other and both set aside their annoyances to lament over their own similarities. After which Sasuke was forced to sleep in a sofa that Anko housed due to Anko continually yawning in their talk afterwards. The night was a peaceful one.

Sakura was training. Sasuke was sleeping. Naruto was wondering. Team 7 had much more to go in order to fill their dreams however, this was their initial marking of progress as all three members had matured on this particular night.

_______________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. ??? Of the foundation
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher