12) Spy

The white figure hovered over the forest. Each leaf and twig that was caught under its foot became scrunched and snapped by in approaching feet. Every little sound was carefully employed to be quiet.

Each step landed, hovered, and then repeated the process again. Over and over again. Eventually he realised that the boy had reached a safe distance.

A scroll was opened. His inky littered hand poised his brush. The movement of his hands created his thoughts and wishes.

"Ninja art:" His palm slapped the scroll he layered on the ground. "Ink clone!"

Everything came to life. His thoughts and feeling manifested in himself and the black liquid moved and shifted into another human; himself.

Sai stood emotionless. His hand wavered and patted the right shoulder of his clone.

"Normal people would find it annoying that I walked all the way up here only to bring myself back along with their clone. But I'm a hollow human."

The clone nodded, "You needn't tell me." His smile was brought on.

"And you needn't pull that cheap experiment." His hand slipped off his clones shoulder, "Let's hurry and make our way back!"

______________________________________________________________________

Within the fortress, housed a busy search team. Kakashi, Yamato and Sakura all scanned their eyes carefully around the lonesome room.

Despite the fact that she was meant to look discretely however, Sakura forget her manners and wandered off into the room. Her hands traced along the snake pattern along the walls. The indents were carefully structured, and it brought great confusion as to how they were made by Orochimaru.

She closed her eyes and let her thoughts run off. Yamato noticed and as he was about to correct her error, the hand of Kakashi stopped him.

"She's in her own world. Leave her be."

"Why should we not correct her ways."

"We used to be Anbu. We specialise in this, Sakura is starting out."

Yamato pulled a sour face and went back to his searching, "You've grown soft Kakashi."

The grey haired man ignored him and continued his own research. As the two headed back, a brief scream was heard but was cut off quickly.

Kakashi widened his eyes, however Yamato reached his feet quicker and within seconds the sights of Sakura was seen in his eyes.

"Kakashi, hurry up!"

He listened to his comrade and all three of them set their sights on the subject in front of them.

"He looks like my age...those wounds...it's even worse then the ones lady Tsunade thought me to heal!"

"Calm your nerves Sakura!" Yamato was used to this, "This is just the type of person that Orochimaru is."

A glass tube was in front of them. It stood tall and within it, contained a boy around Sakura's age, naked; His hair was white and his teeth were that of a marine beast. The bruises around his stomach were severe, whilst the water around it was most likely stinging it.

"Is he dead?"

His eyes shot open. His mouth moved. His hair wavered.

"From the looks of it, no."

Sakura hurried up and used all her might to punch the glass trapping the boy.

"That's not going to work."

"But we need to save him!"

Just then, The boy vanished into the water and produced a gasp from the three witnessing the event.

"He's gone!"

A head appeared suddenly.

"What is he?"

His body continued appearing slowly.

"Only one way to find out!"

Yamato produced his wooden material from his palms and carefully constructed it to have a pointy shape upon the end.

A stab was made and the water flourished into the floor. The boy's head still floated and his voice could finally be heard.

"Cool, I'm finally free!" All but his arms formed back into his human self, "Shame I still haven't gotten the hang of this stupid gimmick yet."

The hole in his shoulder had water seeping away from it. The three watched the liquid flicker into flesh again and then admired his enthusiasm for being set free.

"Thanks for the help!" He flexed his arms, "Would you guys care to give me a weapon or something when I go outside?"

Kakashi leaned in to question him but was startled as the boy opened his weapons pouch and stole a kunai from its storage.

"Nice. It's not the best of blades, but I'll have to pay attention so I can get a better sword."

Using this time to paralyse the boy, Kakashi held his grip on the wet shoulders but they dispersed again.

"Hey!"

"If you want to talk, just ask!"

Feeling calmed that he would finally listen, the group softened their tone as Kakashi was the first to speak.

"We're not asking you to do this. But your going to have to come along with us for questioning in the hidden leaf village."

"Sounds boring-"

"It's not of your choice to decide!"

"Well I don't want to. You guys enjoy what you do but I don't wanna spend my time with you guys unless I can collect some neat blades along the way. Aside from that, there is nothing you can-"

He screamed as his body crashed into the ground. He had liquidised again. Yamato took action and built mini walls around the boy.

"We'll make it short if you come with us and in return we can help grant you a free stay."

"It still sounds boring!"

"Or would your rather parts of your body leaking out into nature when your alone. As you turn to water, the lost liquid could slowly damage your body, since your at a young age, your chakra doesn't have enough storage to produce more water at a quicker rate."

The boy tried to break free but his mini cage could not be broken. It was amusing to Sakura to see his little head bobbing about in the filled mini tub but a question stuck her mind.

"May I ask something?"

"Sure, if you want."

"What is your name?"

"I was taken by Orochimaru at a young age, but all the assistants call me Suigetsu!"

"Sui...getsu?" She knelt down and patted the floating head, "Its horrible that your a subject of that monster!"

She silently thought to herself. Both Yamato and Kakashi noted that she would not do anything other then that so they went off and continued their search.

"Take care of Suigetsu for us. We'll continue the search."

"OK!"

______________________________________________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. Danzo Of ROOT
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher
10. Yamato as Naruto's new teacher
11. Sai of ROOT
12. Shizune as Tsunade's assistant
13. Tonton as Tsunade's pig
14. Suigetsu the liquid mystery