20) Yamato...

With the passing of time, came upon a new era where Naruto had been respected. Despite all this, Jiraiya did not have enough time to congratulate his beloved student, due to the day of his fabled departure. Upon walking to the gates that resided in Konoha, both student and master met, along with new instructor Yamato.

"Weren't you meant to be training me?"

"Naruto, the new paths of the leaves lie ahead of us. Besides, Tsunade rejected your complete freedom of choice so now you can't come along with me."

"It'll be alright Jiraiya." The two looked across Yamato. "With your departure, I'll be sure to nurture Naruto as a better person."

"I don't want to be a better person; I want to get stronger!"

"Easy there," Noticing these were their final moments for now, Jiraiya put him hands on Naruto's shoulders. "I know you'll train hard till I come back. When I do arrive, show me your new advanced moves. Also, don't worry, I'll try to weaken the akatsuki with my snooping and make it easier on your end, so don't get into trouble."

"Ok! But don't start doing your pervy research!"

Jiraiya chuckled at his immature comment. He was valuing the time he was given with Naruto and he trusted the boy would become a shinobi worth his time on. "I'll try."

"You better! I don't want everyone to know the hokage's teacher to be a pervert when you come back."

"How long to you think I'll be gone for?"

"How long do you think it will take for me to become hokage?"

"Touché; you make me look like a bad person either way."

"Ahem... Jiraiya." Yamato intruded. "Anything I should know about Naruto?"

"He's very hardworking. Let him overwork if he wishes but do keep your eyes out on the demon within him; I trust that's why you were recruited as his new instructor to begin with. Also, take him to ramen sometimes too, he enjoys it a lot."

"Noted. Please keep in mind, I'll try to tutor him with force if need be, but I'll follow your advice."

"Do as you wish."

"You guys sound like your about to start babysitting me." A glum look came across Naruto.

Realising this was the right time to say his goodbyes, Jiraiya set about his face slowly in the opposite direction. "I'll be seeing you two soon then."

"Look forward to getting the hokage's benefits as soon as you get back!" Naruto's fists raised in the air through instinct.

"Have a safe trip, Jiraiya." Yamato waved.

"I will. Goodbye, Naruto."

"See you later!"

The man smiled and left to make his departure clear to the two. As he was leaving, Yamato looked across to his newfound pupil and smiled.

"He has a lot of trust in you, do you realise that?"

"Yeah. I do."

Further between the the two, Jiraiya looked back at his two comrades. As the leaves of the spring season swirled in delight, he smiled to himself and set his worries at ease. The sun glistened across the new awakening of Konoha's genin and everybody set their sights upon their own goals.

Naruto Uzumaki was a boy who was determined to become hokage no matter what happened in the process. His now former teacher, Jiraiya was one of the legendary sannin who had wanted to tutor a child of prophecy; whether Naruto was this child of prophecy was yet to be told, however the chances were very high to him.