8) Training

The action of walking alone was one of the most satisfying things that Naruto found within his recovery. From rooftop to rooftop the young teen blasted himself upon the world and plummeted his body towards the floor; with each graceful land he would again commence his next leap and this continued for a while till he made it to his area of meeting with his new master.

On his arrival, Naruto peered into the distance of the lush green grass of the training fields. This was an area often reserved for the shinobi of konoha to train and experience their youth as they practised and perfected themselves. It was an area with fond memories for Naruto; his infamous bell challenge had taken place on this area and thinking about it brought him happy yet distant memories.

As the sun beat down across the wide horizon, footsteps were heard and eventually the blonde was interrupted by a faint voice.

"Are you Naruto by any chance?"

One quick flip of directions and Naruto saw his new teacher, "Yeah. Who the heck are you?!"

A man of slim stature was seen. One thing which stood out to Naruto was how a peculiar mask was around his chin. His eyes were wide and quite out of place with the rest of his face. His cloths sported the traditional shinobi equipment used by people such as Kakashi. It was a simple green jacket over a thin black shirt, this particular jacket was also decorated with extra pockets for weapon, medicine and many more for the average shinobi to use.

"That's quite a rude way to speak to your elders but I'm going to ask again. Are you Naruto uzumaki?"

"Sure I am."

The man felt out of place. His attempt at formality was being broken by Naruto and it was a sort of environment that the man would not know how to live in.

"My name is Yamato. I will be with you to fill the role as a teacher. Do you have any questio-"

"Why are you so formal?"

The young Yamato felt his anger well up within him, "I would prefer to talk like this. That is all."

"Um, I think granny Tsunade chose the wrong person for me. Why are you so important?"

Yamato could not believe this. The young boy he was meant to teach was not even informed why he was selected despite specifically telling the hokage that she would be best for the job of informing him.

"I have the power to extend the aggressiveness of your training is all. Soon you'll see what I mean."

"I hate waiting."

This was the last straw. Yamato crept up to Naruto and positioned his face near his student. Within his features he displayed no emotion, simply fear.

"I'm starting to hate you right now. I recommend you comply with my orders or else you'll end up on my bad side..." He had succeeded in scaring him, "Is that understood?"

Naruto nodded his head vigorously. The teacher smiled and shook his hair with the contact of his hands.

"I'm sorry Yamato!"

"Let us wait for Jiraiya."

Silence crept over the surroundings.

"Captain Yamato?"

"Yes."

"When do we...let's say...stop being formal."

"When we find common interests."

Naruto groaned. It seemed he would find nothing at this rate.

______________________________________________________________________

Beyond the training area reserved by Naruto and Yamato. Clashes of kunai knives were heard a few fields away. Sasuke was being fully equipped with his new teacher. On one quick clash a few sparks flew as their kunai held on to each other's.

"That's pretty good for an idiot like you."

"I was the top of my class back in my academy days. Why am I an idiot?"

"For one thing, you arrived at my doorstep way sooner then intended."

"Let that go already."

"Nope. I like the fact that it pisses you off."

A jump was made from both sparring partners as they had jumped back. They had been at this stage for half an hour and not one of the two could get a hit on each other.

"Sasuke. I recommend you switch and learn different fighting styles. Have you ever tried to increase your speed?"

"Not that I've tried."

He dashed at Anko and tried to adapt what she told him however his teacher had already learned and knocked the kunai away from his hand.

"Your an idiot."

"You thought me!"

"Now tell me. What would you do if your kunai was knocked away from you in a real battle."

"I wouldn't use my kunai."

"Wrong!"

Confusion hit Sasuke. He looked at Anko and saw a glimmer in her eyes as she felt proud to seem wise.

"If in a fight, Save Jutsu for later. It should be your last option. Using it early in battle alerts your moves towards your opponent. The only time I'll allow using it early is if you manage to get the enemy to use it. Then you may commence."

"I see..."

Despite the two always making rude remarks towards each other. Sasuke had begun to realise Anko was a valuable teacher who was wise in many prospects. This made her much more entertaining to interact with, so it never bothered Sasuke that they were always at one another's backs.

"I'm bored. Do you wanna get some dango and we'll review your jutsu after."

"We had dango before. Do you ever have a variety."

"No!"

A groan was heard from Sasuke.

______________________________________________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. ??? Of the foundation
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher
10. Yamato as Naruto's new teacher