30) Talk

"What!"

A scream had echoed across the entire of the Sand Village. Whilst everyone had opened their already closed windows to see the source of the voice, the group of Genin were suppressing their urge to reprimand the source of the noise for embarrassing them.

"That's right, Naruto." Yamato suddenly looked across the village, in hope of not seeing anyone suspicious. "It's getting late, and I've still got my own set of work to do. You can stay with your friends, but don't go as far as to inconvenience them. You hear me?"

"Of course!" Naruto's grin beamed across his face, filled with the utmost of joy. "We won't let you down."

"That's good to hear."

As Naruto left the conversation in a sudden motion, the group behind him followed immediately. Not only was his actions that of unpredictable, but he was also becoming increasingly difficult to stay calm around. As Sakura ran next to him, she tried her hardest not to show an angry tone towards her comrade.

"I don't get it. What made you think that Yamato wouldn't let us sleep with Gaara and the others?"

Before Naruto could answer, his friend managed to quickly answer for him. "I'm going to assume that he's awfully strict around the dunce. For all we know, Naruto probably trains with captain Yamato in fear."

"No, it's not like that!" As Naruto tried to cover up his lie, Gaara was the first to notice the sweat dribbling across his face.

"I've heard that sweating can be a good symptom of lying. If we include the fact that he looked away slightly when he said that, then we've already got concrete evidence around him hiding up the truth from us."

"Hey!"

After hearing this, the group instantly laughed. It was only a few monthes ago in which they had been forced to fight one another, but the treaty between the Leaf and Sand village proved to be a great asset in producing healthy friendships between the young Genin.

By now, all of the streets had been empty. With midnight fast approaching, the wind which originally carried the essence of sand had completely stopped. The hot climate was finally cooler, and if one were to glance across the village in it's nightly phase - then they would have been unable to identify the village it once was.

Finally, after a short walk, the group stumbled across a large building. As usual with the architecture in the Sand Village, it had been crafted from sandstone, but managed to reach a large height. From the stairs along the side, as well as the numerous doors across the walls, it was easy fo tell that the building was meant to be an apartment complex.

After a quick walk upwards, the group watched as Kankuro unlocked the door at the highest point, and then proceeded to immediately collapse on the ground from fatigue.

"Y'know, between the ramen and our numerous walks across the entire village... I think there's a reason all of us are so bummed out right now." Kankuro groaned, almost as if he was ready to sleep where he had chosen to fall.

"You've got a point there." Surprisingly, Sasuke was of the ones to show his fatigue in this moment.

Whilst she too wanted to collapse and sleep on the spot, Hinata knew that eventually everyone would be forced by one of the group members to stand up again. Alternatively, she though of using this time to do something productive - which was to scan her eyes across the room and infer what the family had been through from their belongings.

At first glance, the main entrance room they had entered was fairly bland. There was a small square mat on the entrance for visitors to take off their shoes from, as well as a table and chairs across the far end of the room. Little decorations could be found around the room, and the furniture across the area was that of the bare minimum. Whilst she wanted to use her Byakugan to search further across the house, Hinata thought it best that she respect common manners.