13) Investigation

Suigetsu was an odd person to Sakura and it was because of this that she had begun taking great interest in him.

He would often say things that would sound old fashioned, his attitude was bright, and he was thankful that everyone he met that day was 'normal' which brought Sakura to ask him what he meant.

"What do you mean normal?"

"I mean that everybody that used to come by here by was a crazy bastard like Orochimaru. I'm glad I was broken out by the right people though!"

"I see..."

The marks on Suigetsu were also another topic of questioning, when she asked him on this Kakashi came in and answered for him.

"They probably tried to get him in shape when he was first taken in. If you want to help, try healing the boy. Yamato's busy building a wagon to carry him home since he's gonna be liquid the entire way."

Sakura obeyed but despite a million more questions appearing in her head, she felt it rude to ask them.

______________________________________________________________________

Elsewhere in the hideout. A blue spear was formed containing pieces of electric current. As it flashed about in a fast manner a cry was given off by its creator.

"Lightning blade!"

The door was smashed open as footsteps rumbled across the ground to search the area. A head appeared soon after.

"Hey idiot, can you be any louder?"

"I could, but I found some more info!"

"Good job!"

Anko ran into the room. The two of them looked across the documents that lay before them. Elsewhere, the cries of Naruto were heard as he broke the other doors apart. Anko snickered to herself and furrowed Sasuke's hair.

"You genin cannot keep your mouth shut, can you?"

"Stop pulling on my hair!"

She let go and continued her search. Her memories flashed around her as she read each of the document logs before her. She silently thought back to herself.

It had all happened so quickly. She often felt betrayed around him, it gave her nobody to love and care for. Everything had happened so fast that she felt horrible back then. On this moment, the girl spoke. Her words were calm and collected. She did not let the centre of her mind break through.

"Your brother... how is he like?"

"What?" Sasuke still focused on the paper.

"What was it like to have a family at first?" She realised the weight of the question. "You don't have to tell if you want."

"It doesn't matter to me anymore. I've long forgotten about it."

"Your right. The present will always be within our sight; no matter how much we wish for the past."

"Your speaking riddles. What's wrong with you?"

"I just..." She contained her emotions, "I want to know what a family is like."

"Don't ask me then. Sakura is your best option."

The conversation was broken. Whilst letting out a sigh, Anko and Sasuke both continued searching for their answers. What they came across was interesting; The papers were filled to the brim with complex information about chakra and the influence it had to people over certain conditions.

"Do you not know your parents?"

Anko looked back, "No, I thought you figured that out."

"Who are you then?"

"Who am I?" She gripped the piece of paper she was holding, "I used to know. Now I don't."

"What did you used to know?"

"I don't know anymore. The first memory of my life was when I was found by Orochimaru. I know nothing before that time."

"Hm."

Sasuke continued searching the desks and as he let his tension move away he looked over at Anko.

"Your not like me then."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't know the pain of having a family leave you behind against everyone's will. You don't understand true pain-"

"Sasuke I don't think that's-"

"Konoha. For a while now I've been thinking whether they have been helping me. Would this help me kill Itachi?"

"Your not speaking sense."

"I think everyone else is useless. The only people of concern in this cruel world is me and Itachi. We are important!"

Furiously, Anko pulled Sasuke's arms and stared at him with anger. A slap erupted seconds later, one too fast to contemplate. Sasuke looked at the action taken as he felt his sour cheek. Her face was serious.

She had finally take. The advice from Tsunade. This was the time in Anko's life that she first became angry at somebody.

"On and on about your stupid brother!" She held his hair, "you say you know pain, but do you know sadness? Have you ever tried to put your shoes amongst everyone else. Do you understand happiness, and can you ever learn to let go!"

"But you-"

"Yes, I know my parent are gone and I never knew them. I think it's ok for the sad thought to come once in a while but ever since I met you, did you see me always wallowing my pain away?"

"I..."

"Learn to leave Itachi. Learn to care for others. Learn to realise that life does not concern you."

"I don't-"

"The next time I catch you saying selfish crap like this again..." Her already tight hands pulled on his hair, "I'll make sure you never say those things again!"

Her grip loosened. Sasuke winced in pain but soon they heard footsteps approach. It was Naruto.

"Guys. I see that grey-haired jerk over there!"

They were both to into their argument to notice. Anko slowly got up and put some documents in her pouch.

"Ok, lead the way."

Naruto ran in the front whilst the other two followed.

______________________________________________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. Danzo Of ROOT
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher
10. Yamato as Naruto's new teacher
11. Sai of ROOT
12. Shizune as Tsunade's assistant
13. Tonton as Tsunade's pig
14. Suigetsu the liquid mystery