7) Recovery

Tsunade was among one of the most brutal and punishing teachers that Sakura was assigned with.

Whilst she was at first pleasantly surprised to see Sakura hard at work on her return to the hokage office, she ended up being extremely punishing as soon as her fish-healing assignment began again.

"How come the puncture is worse then yesterday?"

Tsunade kept her gaze at the carp, "I just felt like it was needed. Hopefully if you have been reading for a long time then you should be able to heal the poor fish I half-slaughtered."

"I don't think that's very assuring lady Tsunade..."

"I'm cheering you on. You can do it!"

Her words were enough for Sakura to keep her focus back up again. On her hands she transported her chakra, her training the night before was improved as she had full control until another voice rung through her ear.

"Oh by way. If you don't manage to do this then the punishment will be severe..."

Sakura quickly put her hands away and looked back at her master, "But that's unfair!"

"On top of that you are to be given your final introductory test once your finished with this so there is no rest."

"But-"

"Not buts. You were told by both me and my assistant Shizune how difficult this would be so now it's time you prove yourself under my supervision."

Breathing heavily. She focused again and ignored the leaking blood from the carp. This was in fact a double test by Tsunade however.

To her teacher, one of the main difficulties of being a medical ninja was how pressure would be put on them and due to this it could lead to disastrous events occurring. This was a double test to see whether Sakura could handle slightly severe injuries and to see if she could handle the punishments put to her. It was too much for any normal kunoichi at the time but it was heard that Sakura was the second best in her class back at the academy so this was a test to prove that statement.

Once the carp started moving around with the world, all was quiet as both student and teacher shot up smiles of happiness.

"Ready for your next assignment Sakura?"

"If I can do this then I feel like I can do anything. Let me to the next assignment."

______________________________________________________________________

Tsunade led the girl back to a surprising place once they went through the door out to the next test.

"Nice to see an unexpected visit from you Sakura!"

He was much happier to be seeing Sakura at his time of need and it was obvious that a lot of pain befell Naruto after his return. The young girl stared at the injured boy, astounded. Somehow the life-threatening injuries she saw the last time she had visited were transformed into several different small injuries.

"Naruto has always astonished people because of his healing capabilities. Do you know why Sakura?"

"Why?"

With wide eyes a shout came from the bed, "Granny Tsunade. No!"

The two girls looked at Naruto and one of them gave a smirk.

"I see how it is."

Confusion hit her young prodigy but that did not stop her from questioning.

"Never mind what we said Sakura. Do you have any idea what your little test is gonna be?"

"No..."

"When it comes to injuries. Medical shinobi may sometimes have to face wounds and bruises of many different levels. I carefully chose a patient which would be easy for me, but beyond difficult for you. You are to make it quick too. Naruto has to go to his new teacher soon as well."

"Granny Tsunade. What's going on?"

"I did say your injuries would heal in a week, didn't I?" A smirk escaped her mouth, "now Sakura will decide that."

Naruto contemplated for a while but once he received her message he smiled a genuine smile that he had not shown in a long time.

"Alright Sakura. With your skill, I'll be healed in no time!"

He had full trust over handing his life to Sakura and somehow that put her at ease. However, she knew what Tsunade was thinking. She planned everything. All the guilt, worry and pain was put on her and stacked up carefully by non other then Tsunade. This was a test she had never experienced the type of.

A sweat drop escaped her but she slowly dragged her feet to Naruto and gulped. Her fingertips were equipped with chakra already so she begun releasing it into the air, where it formed to a green colour. All she had to do now was direct it into Naruto so his body could take it.

"Naruto...I'm sorry. I feel like I'm going to-"

She felt a hand go over hers, "I know you won't. You've always surpassed me and Sasuke when it comes to understanding things. I believe in you Sakura. Your the glue we were talking about last time."

The glue. She had forgotten about that term since she became a student but it finally hit her. With all her power concentrated she finally got confidence and aimed it at her comrade.

"I'm sorry Naruto. I promise I'll always try my very best. Just like you."

"Don't worry about it."

"Why not? Don't you want me to get better?"

"It's not that...it's just..." He let his hand go away from hers, "You already do!" He repeated his smile.

______________________________________________________________________

"Thanks Sakura!"

The boy crashed through the door and out into the world, for him to meet his new master he was told of. Tsunade chuckled to herself and she looked back at Sakura.

"We still have time till Shizune comes and forces me to work. Would you like to continue or are you all tired out from last night?"

Sakura had promised herself she would try just like Naruto no matter how tired she was. Every impulse in her body told her she had to go to sleep. Every impulse in her body told her she was to go home and call it a day. Every impulse, but one, told her to relax. The one impulse that didn't: was her will of fire.

"OK then. Let's do it!"

"Good. Let's go into the depths of combat and avoidance. Follow me."

______________________________________________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. ??? Of the foundation
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher