26) Spirit

It was pitch black from where Naruto had laid his eyes. In an instant, he could tell the location that he had found himself within. Rather then instilling fear in himself, he had slowly begun to accumulate confidence in his nature. This was his chance to begin to ease his long hardship. All he had to do was simply take the right steps in making his future more easier for himself.

"Naruto," A voice boomed instantly around the surroundings. "to see you have the audacity to come back here, really angers me!"

This was strange. He did not come here of his free will, but had Naruto wanted to come here? He of course, was not a boy of extreme caliber, so he simply subsided these thoughts away to focus on the beast in front of him.

"I did it, fox. I,told everyone who I really was." His arms thrust forward to point at the tailed beast. "You better believe it, because they accepted me for who I was. It took a while, but I've won this. My friends accepted me for who I was, and not for the beast inside of me!"

The fox simply snarled at his comment. "You are still an immature brat. Do you not know that being a Jinchûriki has many more hardships for you. I will continue to be a curse for you, so don't you see it as a better method to rid your body of me?"

"I won't have you leave me!"

The tension in the room increased dramatically. Although no movement was made, the anger and rage of the Demon-Fox was enough to make the swamp water around Naruto's feet vibrate. He could see the anger emanating off the beast before him. Unknowingly, a smile appeared from his face. He could feel a sort of bond suddenly grow between the fox, although it would have been impossible to explain why.

"I see it now. I can look at your face and see pure attachment towards me. Why is it that you wanted to come here from within your sleep? What do you seek to gain out of me, Naruto?"

"A friend." He smiled, as the floor's water suddenly stopped shaking with anger. "For all of my life, you're the one who's been there to watch over me. I think that deep down, I can hopefully reach you. If I can befriend you, then who knows what we could accomplish."

"You fool." Now, the nine-tailed demon fox lowered his head, to stare at Naruto from his cage. "Don't think I can't sense your malice. You're just like every other human; you care only for the power within me. A small and shrivelled brain like yours is far too small to comprehend what I could cause you!"

He started walking towards the fox, with pure ignorance of the cage separating the two. "I'm not the biggest of elites when it comes to tactical thinking. You're right on that part. But, I have my friends to watch over me. Sasuke's learning to perfect Taijutsu and watch my back, and Sakura's doing the same with medical Ninjutsu, so she can heal me when I'm injured. I don't want you for combat. Don't you ever think a friend is what you need? You seem too serious all the time. Come on, we've been like this for far too long. I believe that both of us need to stop fighting like spoiled brats. I've proved my worth, by getting my friends to trust me, so why don't you accept me just like everyone else?"

To to the Nine-tails, words like these were more then enough to drive him on edge. Naruto's body had completely walked past the bars of the gates, and seeing him directly in front of him was not a satisfying sight for the beast. It angered him to great levels. All he could do, was watch the young genin attempt to persuade him. This would have been fine, it it were not for the fact that he took it as a taunt.

Naruto raised his fist up, expecting the fox to complete it with his own. The two gazed at one another, with different levels of emotions erupting inside of them. Finally, words were spoken.

"You really piss me off, Naruto." The fox raised his large arm.

"Right, I do!" He only smiled further, unaware of the oncoming action the fox was going to take.

Splash!

It happened. In a flash, the arm of the nine-tailed demon fox had smashed it's way onto the depths of the water beside Naruto. A giant shockwave flew across, sending splashes of the musty liquid everywhere across the room. In this form, the fox had shown his anger in a supreme way. Naruto began to panic. Now it was finally settling into his mind that he had unknowingly angered the great being before him.

He could not run. He could not defend himself. He could not even plea for a better outcome. The rage of the being before him had reached to such a large degree, that he could only witness the fast attack that the fox was going to unleash.

Who was this child that used friendship as am excuse for his power? Why was he so determined? Where did his confidence appear from in all of a sudden? From when the fox had last saw him, Naruto was self-conscious over the fox's existence within him. To see it all change so suddenly, was shocking. For years, he was so used to watching the tragic story of the Jinchûriki, as he was transferred from human to human. But to see an entity to come before him such as Naruto, was of the most greatest of absurdities. No word could describe the feeling of negativity that the fox has felt.

Chomp!

The fox had bitten into Naruto's head. Huge splashes of water was given, as red seams of chakra began to erupt everywhere. Naruto had failed in trying to gain the trust of the fox. For now, he was to be banished from the sealing area, where he would return back to reality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

He awoke. When Naruto turned his head to the side, he could see the wind attempting knock over the tent that he resided within. It seemed that via his dreams, he was able to be in contact with the fox.

He was too overwhelmed to sleep once again. Instead, he simply got up and made his way out of the tent. It was cold. Quietly so as not to disturb anyone, he found a remote location in the forest, where he could gaze at the sight of the full moon.

So much had taken place when Sasuke attempted to leave the Village Hidden In The Leaves. When he thought back to it, relief had taken over his mind. Although he was unable in securing the power of the demon fox, Naruto could feel himself getting closer in doing so. Even if it would take him years, as long as he continued developing outside of his different combat range, then he could live without the worry of being a Jinchūriki.

He stared at the moon for the rest of the night. In the the medt instance of the Sun's rising, his team was to be expected to make it's way towards their destination. Soon, he would be able to meet Gaara. A feeling of excitement hit him. He took off his Konoha headband, and stared at it. For now, he was safe - but soon, Naruto was to undergo a very grueling time in his life.