{Wᴏʀʀɪᴇᴅ}

"Mom!" Your mom opened the door to the room you've been sitting in for a bit, and you immediately sprung upwards and went in for a hug.

She hugged you back tightly as if she hadn't seen you in years.

"I was so worried. When Kenma called me my heart dropped, I couldn't believe it." She admitted.

"I know, I'm sorry I shouldn't have lied about where I was going, I'm so sorry Mom." You looked down at the ground and nervously fiddled with your hands.

Your mom cupped your cheek and softly made you look up at her face. "Sweetie, all that matters right now is that you're ok, and that I get that son of a bitch into prison. You're a kid, what type of parent would I be to prevent my kid from having a little fun, every now and then." She lightly brushed your check with her thumb. "Back in my days I was a wild child too", she laughed. "Trust me, you're on a better path than I ever was", she smiled and drew you back in for a motherly hug.

"Let's get you freshened up, you look like hell." Your mother said. "We can go to one of those airport shops and get you some clothes and definitely some makeup wipes, you look like an over baked cake!"

"Gee thanks but let's go I'm so uncomfortable in this."

Once in your new clothes, you wiped off all your makeup inside of the airport bathroom. It wasn't ideal, but what else could you do about it. Afterwards you fully gazed at yourself, the hoodie you were wearing was oversized on you, but that just made it more comfy, and you were wearing some black shorts that was barley visible under the hoodie. Your face was visibly tired, bearing your dark under eyes, and resting bitch face.

Essentially you thought you resembled a raccoon, but hey raccoons can be cute?

You walked outside the restroom, and your mom was waiting for you there but she was on the phone.

"...no I need this done as soon as possible. pause
"I'm telling you I have all the paperwork, it's all there!" pause
"Well ok then we'll fly back and get it done." pause
"Thank you... mhmm... goodbye now." pause

"Uh Mom?" You spoke once she hung up.

"Oh good you're all done, we can get going now, I was on the phone with our lawyer, and I'm going to be honest, we're going to have to fly back to America."

"What? I don't want to go back there, I hate it there!"

"No no no don't get the wrong idea. We're not moving back there, we're having the trial there. It got all complicated because we're from America, and your Dad flew here just to come and get you and take you back to America, but then there was a dispute because the crime happened here in Japan, but things are sorted now."

"Oh, ok, it sounds... complex." You giggled.

"Yea, it definitely is, but in the mean time, that asshole is going to be held temporarily here, until he can be flown back to America for trial... in two weeks."

"The trial is in two weeks? So how long is it going to last." You asked.

"Well it could take anywhere from a few days, to a month, so you might miss a quite a bit of school. Is that ok?"

"Yea it's fine, but can we go now I'm really tired", you said as you harshly rubbed you're eye sockets.

"Of course, let's get outta this place." Your mother smiled as you two walked side by side toward the door to exit the airport.