Chapter 2 Looking All Over (Crystal POV)

Chapter 2

Looking All Over

~Crystal

Do you ever think people have that one perfect song to define them? For instance, the yummy mummy next door in her late twenties has all the boys in our street drooling. She always wears skimpy clothes and gets all the twelve-year-old boys to do her housework, for free. Though all of them, my idiot of a brother included, do this happily. She has a young ten-year-old daughter named Stacy. Her perfect song: Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne. Then there is there is the plebe I work beside called Gordon, who calls himself the G-man 2k11. We work at HMV and whenever someone buys a CD, DVD, Poster, game, or what have you- he finds the need to rap about it lamely. "Old-a lay-dee gonna get avatah for 'er son in law, that'll be fourteen ninety nine quid- haw!" Kids found it amusing, adults didn't, especially the woman he rapped about seeing as she had only turned thirty. He also wore heavy bling and talked about being in some cool gang who killed loads of people and called themselves Reddies. Of course, my younger brother was in this gang and they did not kill or beat up people but play stupid pranks on them. Gordon's song: Wannabe Gangster by Wheatus. And then there is my best friend Michelle's older brother Lewis who, even in the presents of guests, watches porn on the Internet all the time. His would be- My best's friends sleazy douchebag of a brother by none other than me, but seeing as my songs don't count we'll go with The Internet is For Porn by Avenue Que.

My perfect defining song? Seeing as I spent most of my time gazing up at my collage of The Blue Eyed Crafters photos and googling them constantly in hope I might find them... Probably Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2. But soon that would change.

A couple of months after The Blue Eyed Crafters disappearance, the Crooked Jailhouse was loosing money fast and Mr.Andrews decided to sell. It was the Velocity now. It built a cafe that served greasy fast foods as opposed to Mr.Andrews idea of proper cooked food and salads and all, with popcorn, hot dogs and refreshments for band nights. The auditorium now how mirrors on booth sides, tiled flooring that lit up different colours and a disco ball overhead. The stage was conquered by a large mixing desk where DJ's would play nothing but uninspiring noise with some guy talking over it about sex. They also had a bowling alley and an arcade and the small corner of the town that belonged to Goths, emos, punks and rockers was invading and taking over by chavs, party animals and normal people who go in expecting to have fun and come out throwing up the booze they practically inhaled.

There was only a little place in the warehouse at the other end of town where bands could play, but the room would only allow one hundred people in there at most, the sound quality isn't good and there isn't any amps provided. Not to mention the warehouse is also where the skater ramps are and the sonic tournaments are held. There was no use complaining, though and it was the only place we could hang out. Me and Michelle stared at the notice board, begging for something interesting. Maybe a good band will play? Maybe a hot skater boy will walk in? Maybe they'll have a Mario tournament just for a change?

'It's all crap.' Michelle said flatly as she looked under the sticky notes and pinned leaflets to see if she could find more. 'It's all stupid- unless you're interested in who just got onto level nineteen in sonic three?'

'There is a level nineteen?' I sighed.

' 'parently.'

'What bands are playing?'

'The Pits...' The pits were what they said on the tin, the pits. Emo or not- their music takes depressing a little too far. 'Solid rock...' are insane, the drummer play with rocks, smashed through the skin once, had to stop the gig. 'Die or be dead' don't judge a band by its cover, they are not a lame heavy metal band, they are a lame techno band who think they're heavy metal. 'Rosetta's thorns!' She shrieked excitedly, I jumped up to read the leaflet myself. Rosetta Night had an amazing singing voice, not to mention the great keyboardist himself, Jack Keaner. I googled and googled and he came up. New band and nobody knew he was from The Blue Eyed Crafters. With Rosetta's voice, Jack's tunes, a drummer, bassist and guitarist, they rocked, but not as much as the Crafters did. I narrowed my eyes, 'Its for a fan club meeting not the actual band.' I sigh and fell back.

'Well, its better to go to their fan club than endure these lame locals, ain't it?'

'I guess...' I sighed, 'Anything else?'

'Just a couple of auditions for forming bands...' Me and Michelle tried out once for a few bands. Unfortunately all were incredibly lame and wanted already had singers, so Michelle never got the chance and the Cruelty Doons accepted me as their guitarist, then decided to split up five minutes after forming over a matter to do with trading cards. Though, it was still fun to here if any band had a cool enough name for us to audition for.

'Wanting drummer for The Lowlands... stupid name...' She mumbled, 'Male singer for Crisps.... Guitarists and drummer for Ooo la la?' She turned to me to see if I was interested, I shook my head. 'Hmmm... Nut. All seems lame. Some purple king band and some reforming band, blue eyed crafts or somin.'

I jolted up, 'What?'

'I know it's pointless... we'll just have to find something else to-'

'No what was the last thing you said?'

'Somin.'

'No! Y'know what I mean.'

She unpinned the leaflet and read; ' "Wassup! We are reforming our band The Blue Eyed Crafters and looking for a lead guitarist- any specifics? You must be amazing. Don't worry, you don't need blue eyes, we're gonna change our name anyhow. Auditions will be held at the warehouse Thursday 17th-19th of February. Good luck- Strings Kasey" ' She looked down puzzled at the piece of paper, 'What kinda cruel parents did he have to call him that?'

'His names Eric!' I chirped, stealing the leaflet from her hand and clutching it to my chest. I couldn't believe it! They had returned! Finally, my searching had come to a stop, for they were going to be just behind that door in two days! But why would they want a new lead guitarist? Did Ray drop out? And what about Jack, would he stay with Rosetta's Thorns? 'I am going to this audition.' I announced.

Looking all over by Rosetta Night

Oh, you seem to be here,

But you've gone so far away.

Your eyes look through me,

See right through me,

Hurt and confuse me,

Oh please stop.

I'm searching the world,

Turning every rock,

Climbing every tree,

Where have you gone?

Where have you run too?

Chorus

I'm looking all over, (searching high and low)

Screaming your name out, (oh please come home)

Where are you? (Where are you?) Where are you? (Can't find you.)

Oh why'd you disappear?

Oh, you seem to be near,

But you've been gone forever,

Your words say nothing,

You just say nothing,

I can't take the sting,

Of this poison, Woah!

Chorus X2

Looking all over X3

For you

Looking all over x3

For you, ooo