Chapter 5 Step 2: Damsel In Distress (Rosetta POV)

(writer's note: I'm going on holiday tomorrow, yay! So I won't be uploading for the next 5 days. So Hope you enjoy this chapter, although it's a Rosetta POV and I become such a bizatch when I write her POV's o.0 Hope you enjoy it anyway! :D)

Chapter 5

Step 2: Damsel in Distress

~Rosetta

I swear, the closer I got to Ricky, the more jealous Jackie got. For a while he kept on talking about some "Crystal" girl- like I cared. Obviously he was only trying to get me jealous. He still he thinks he’s something special to me. He’s a thorn with contacts and therefore a thorn worth bearing. But it was so hopelessly cute of him. The way he avoided me, didn’t return my texts or even stare at me when I was changing anymore. Knowing that I had been touched by a man he used to call friend. I wondered what their problem was anyway? It’s not like anybody had died or anything. Then again Jackie never really did explain why exactly he left his old band. "Different opinions" he said. What I got from when he mentioned it was that the different opinion was to keep the drummer. I don’t see why Jackie would want him gone, he seemed alright. Cute- to grab fan girls. Played quite well in my opinion, but too much. He had equal attention from the audience as my Ricky, which isn’t the way things are supposed to be. They’re called lead singers for a reason, because they are leaders, not equals. I should know.

I slept with Ricky about a dozen times now and each time I kept thinking the same thing. I wonder what Chris will be like? He seemed so shy around me, the poor boy. I’d guess he’d be quite scared. Ricky let slip that he was a virgin, so no wonder he was surprised when he walked in on me. He probably still had the image in his head and that would be an advantage. He wouldn’t be able to dream of anything but me. I wouldn’t even have to try slipping into his mind. All I would have to do… Is work my magic.

Everytime I stayed over, it kept Chris awake, apparently. I wondered how torturous it would be for him having to listen to the girl he was slowly falling in loved with be pleasured by another man. He didn’t have to bare it for long, soon I would be his… Until they broke up at least. Maybe I would stay with him after that, he is kinda cute after all.

I slipped out of Ricky’s arms and off the mattress, putting back on my knickers and his red Foo Fighters T-shirt. It was baggy on my, but I made it work by placing part of the wide collar over one shoulder and stretching it down just over my knickers, as if it was all I was wearing. I crept out the room and tip toed to the living room that they had actually tidied this time for me coming over. I sat down in Ricky’s chair and took my mobile off the side table. I scanned through the pictures, right until I managed to get to the one that was taken in two thousand and five in my first year of high school.

My hair was short, frizzy and a disgusting shade of brown. The uniform at Cathecastle high was polo-shirt or a black or white shirt with black, navy or red skirt or trousers. Black, navy, grey or red cardigan or jumper and a gold tie with blue, red, green or orange stripes, depending what house you were in. Because our head teacher was a failed actress and cared about nothing but the drama department, our houses were named after three of her favourite Scottish actors and an actress. McGregor, as in Ewan McGregor from Moulin Rouge was red. Henderson, as in Shirley Henderson who was Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter was red. Scott, as in Dougray Scott from god knows what, was green. And Connery, my house, as in Sean Connery the James Bond star is orange. So because my fashion sense was nonsense, I wore that hideous gold and orange tie with a baggy black shirt and even baggier navy trousers- and thick pink trainers? Not to mention I wore no make up and in that picture I still had a massive wart on the tip of my nose. What a pathetic sight I was back then.

I began crying, as I always do when I see that picture, and that was exactly the reason I kept it. I placed it back on the side table and carried on weeping. Show time.