Chapter 5 I kissed a guy (and I liked it) (Red POV)

(writer's note: ...I think the heading gives a lot away... lol Sorry about the shortness of this chapter but I hope you enjoy it anyway :3)

Chapter 5

I kissed a guy (and I liked it)

~Red

Strings freaked out. I guess he was just as cut up about Chris leaving as me and Drummer. It had been his dream to become a famous band and after Ray, he had just about given up hope… ‘til Chris came along.

Me and Drummer stared awkwardly at each other before I decided to get something to eat. Comfort food. Raspberries. Drummer seemed rooted to the spot for a while, I guess Strings shouting reminded him a bit of his dad. I didn’t want to say anything though, after the first couple of episodes you learnt to leave him alone.

‘I’m gonna take a shower.’ He announced and then walked away. I just munched on the berries wondering what the hell was gonna happen next. If Strings was acting like this our whole band wouldn’t be the only thing to fall apart. My family had moved down to Wales so I’d have nowhere to go. Drummer would never choose to move in with his dad again and he wasn’t real keen on his step-dad either.

‘AHHH!’ I jumped up; the shriek came from the bathroom. It was so high pitched it couldn’t possibly be Drummer- unless he had a full-blown melt down. I ran half way up the hall and Strings appeared in his doorway just as Drummer opened the door in nothing but a towel. His eyes were huge and dazed.

‘I think I just killed Chris.’ He said.

‘What?’ Me and Strings asked in unison.

‘He was in the shower.’

‘Why?’ I asked, I was pretty sure he had gone off the edge.

‘I don’t know!’

Strings arched his eyebrow, ‘You sure you’re not having hallucinations there?’

Drummer stumbled back into the bathroom and reappeared with a soaking wet, fully clothed Chris.

‘Holy shit!’ I took him out of Drummers arms and into mine, rushing him to the couch as they followed. ‘Please be alive!’

‘Well water wouldn’t of killed him!’ Strings snapped.

I laid him down and began checking for a pulse for two minutes before realising I didn’t know what the hell I was doing and got Drummer to do it for me. ‘He’s alive.’ He said, ‘But he ain’t breathing.’

Shit!’ Strings said jumping to his feet and nearly pulling out his hair, ‘It was water! Unless you did something else?’

‘No!’ Drummer yelled hysterically, ‘I think he got a bigger shock than me or something!’

Christ! What do we do?’

We looked from one to the other and then all eyes on Chris. Something inside me snapped and before I knew it my lips were on his soft moist ones, my lungs were pumping air into his and I only withdrew every few second to press on his ribcage. After a few minutes he coughed awake.

‘Thank God!’ I sighed in relief. Strings and Drummer just stared at me and I began to feel my cheeks fill with shame. Even after he was breathing, a part of me still wanted to continue.

‘Uh…’ He blinked his eyes open and focused on me, ‘Red?’

‘You passed out.’ I smiled, ‘You’re okay now.’

He jumped up shivering cold and I pulled my coat over him. Again, they were looking at me like I was insane and to be honest, I was beginning to think so too.

Chris stared from me to Drummer to Strings and seemed so embarrassed he practically radiated red.

‘What were you doing in our shower?’ asked Strings.

‘I- uh- I-um…’ He shivered in his skin. I tried to send a coded message in my eyes to Strings telling him to stop asking questions but he kept his curious gaze on Chris. ‘Nobody was home…’

‘So you thought it’d be a good idea to stand in the shower?’

‘N-no! I- uh- the door was open and I heard you come up the path and I just panicked!’

Strings laughed, ‘You’re such an eejit.’ He patted his soaking mop of hair, ‘Please tell me you came by for why I think- I’m hoping you came by?’

Me and Drummer exchanged excited looks and all turned to Chris expectantly.

‘I-I was wondering… If I could maybe… If it’s okay with you guys… Rejoin the band?’

‘Hell yeah!’ We all said, piling on top of him with joy.

‘Uh- guys! I need to breathe!’ Strings hooked his head into a headlock and began nougieing him.

‘No way! This is what you get for leaving the band in the first place!’ Chris laughed at his comment, trying to wriggle free from his grip and failing. We all laughed and goofed around just like old times.

‘Promise you’ll never leave again?’ I asked after we had settled down a bit. He took out his pinky and hooked it in mine and smiled. We were a band again.

But that night when I lay in bed, I began thinking about things I really shouldn’t have been thinking about. I placed my fingers on my lips and blushed. Chris’s lips really were soft.