Chapter 16 I'm Gay! (Red POV)

Chapter 16

I’m Gay!

~ Red

We had done it. We had made it. We had won- we were supporting Biffy in the gardens and are album debut would be out summer 2012! God, if you do end the world then- I’ll never forgive you. A representative of 14th floor records gave us his number and told us they’ll make arrangements for our accommodation through in Edinburgh near the new years so we could practice in one of the best studios. It was more than fame that made me feel invincible- it was knowing that we had achieved something great, together.

Simon Neil invited us to an after party and told us to invite whoever we wanted. Really, none of us had anybody to invite, part from Chris.

‘CHRISSIE!’ Michelle dashed over to him, squeezing him with her bare arms. Oh God they’re not going back out, are they? ‘LEWIS! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE-‘ she squealed and turned back to Chris, ‘God, he is a sorry excuse for a boyfriend.’

‘Lewis!’ Sailor called as a… Scott Pilgrim looking guy walked over to us.

‘Hey- you were great out there!’

‘Chrissie was better!’ Michelle hissed, ‘Remember- you’re here with me not for tickle me emo- What the hell did you do to your hair by the way?’

‘Dyed it.’ Sailor shrugged.

‘With a sharpie pen?’ I could almost see lightning bolts zapping back and forth between their eyes.

‘Chrissie!’ A deep male voice called before a plebish looking guy skidded through the crowd with a pen and paper- He looked familiar, ‘Autograph please!’

He laughed, ‘Calum! Why’d you want my autograph.’ He gave him a warm hug.

‘eBay, duh.’

‘Oh- you’re so nice.’

‘Yeah- which reminds me, I’m gonna list your old school jotters on it tomorrow.’

‘Thanks.’ He rolled his eyes.

‘Wassup my men!’ Strings put his arms around them, a bottle of beer in one hand.

‘He’s not a man!’ Simon Neil bellowed, hovering above Chris with a strange expression. Chris jerked up and looked at him, ‘He’s a God!’ He wrapped his arms around Chris’s shoulders and began singing something in his ear that sounded like "Ye canny fling pieces oot a twenty story flat!" I didn’t think it was a real song at first, then Strings started joining in. Then again, it wasn’t surprising that us Scots had made up a song that talked about chucking hovis bread out a twenty story flat and having it orbit the earth like a satellite or hitting a pilot in the face. I guess this was probably cause we had a song that told you not to shove your granny off a bus- I hate to think why they thought they had to sing it to us in nursery. I guessed by this time the two lead singers had had enough to drink.

The night went on, there was about fifty people in the pent house just dancing, drinking, laughing. I signed countless autographs. The five of us danced with the three members of Biffy, I don’t think you could call it dancing exactly. For the first time in weeks I had loosened up around Drummer and we were back to normal. It was all exciting- people dancing on tables, randomers trying to swallow down dangerous looking cocktails, I even tried one and spat it out all over some girl’s face. She didn’t look happy. James taught me a few of baselines and I jammed with him for a while. But most of the time I stuck by Chris, just dancing, craply. That night is like colours in my memories. Sparkling smiles, flowing with laughter, crazy movements, memories that I could melt onto my wall back at home and just stare at for hours on end with Chris by my side. It was more than just a wonderful night. It was one of the best nights of my life.