Chapter 8 A Thorn in my side (Sailor POV)

(Writer's note: Hiya! Again, thank all of you who have been reading this so far, I hope you've enjoyed it so far and continue to enjoy it :D This is a bit of a short chapter, but I hope that the lyrics I put with it make up for it :D Also, I would like to ask a favour- you don't have to do it if you're too busy or just don't want to I understand- but If you do like this story I would really appreciate it if you have a Facebook or Twitter account if you could FB like or tweet my story? You don't have to, a vote is enough, I was just wondering since I've entered the Watty Awards and that would help, but if you don't want to or can't I completely understand :) Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter! :) ) 

Chapter 8

A Thorn in my side

~Sailor

‘I can’t believe it!’ Rosetta strutted in, removing her clothing, not minded that we were in the room. Well there was nothing new to see, we all had slept with her- apart from Heather. ‘That jerk! Jerk! JERK!’

I tried to hide in the corner, I couldn’t be bothered dealing with her shit today, she annoyed me. Jack2 was happily staring at her red laced bra, then again he had earphones in so her shriekings were blocked out. Kenith was just laughing as Heather began mouthing along and impersonating her. Everytime Rosetta looked behind her back; all she would see was Heather smoking her cig.

We all hated Rosetta with a passion and we hated being referred to as her "Thorns". Really she was a thorn, a thorn in all of our sides. The only reason we stuck with her was because 1. Her sluttish ways pulled strings with venues, dropped prices for equipment and was used as sex appeal for our band. 2. She did have a great voice. Not amazing but good enough to get us out of Sullaby and onto the charts.

Me, Rosetta and Heather were the only originals in this band. Rosetta kicked out Hailey, our first drummer, because she just "didn’t fit". This meant that she was jealous of her, Hailey was nice, hot and loveable after all. Our second Drummer, Lewis, my best friend, was kicked out because he was the only one to say no to sleeping with her. Now we have Jack2, a ginger with a mohawk who is freakishly tall, freakishly buff and constantly wearing sunglasses. Kenith is our seventh guitarists and utterly clueless. He’s only sixteen, has bright blue hair and an innocent smile which all the girls adore. If he’s not careful he’ll get what all the other guitarist got. Maybe I should warn him to wear a cup?

‘Whose a Jerk?’ He asked dumbly. Idiot. None of us wanted to know- but he loved to see her riled up.

‘That freaking manager of the Hammer Hut!’

My ears pricked up. We were suppose to be playing there next week, ‘What happened?’

‘Laz-er Gra-ffi-ti happened.’ I winced, they split didn’t they? ‘Apparently the guitarist rejoined and now they’re in demand. They’ve booked venues for up to June and the Hammer Hut and the manager thought we’d understand since they can only have them next week and they can have us anytime!’ She squealed.

‘Just sleep with him, that should do it.’ I said, getting nervous sniggers from the rest of them.

‘He’s bent.’ She snapped and reclothed herself. ‘You know them don’t you? You played with them didn’t you?’

I forgot I had mentioned my Blue Eyed days to her. I sighed, ‘Yeah, and?’

She grabbed my red tie and pulled my face close up to hers, ‘How does their hearts play?’ A strand of her bright blonde hair brushed my cheek and I snarled. I hated her when she was like this. Then again, I hated her anyway.

‘I don’t know.’

She pushed me back, ‘Whose the weakest? The bassist maybe?’

‘Red’s cool so I don’t want you getting involved with him. Besides, he’s shy- you’d scare him off.’