Chapter 9 Bonding (Red POV)

(Writer's Note: Hiya guys! Sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy this chapter ;) )

Chapter 9

Bonding

~Red

It's been a week since that twat joined. Now we're "Lazer Graffiti", what an idiotic name. Me, Strings, Drummer and Sailor used to be tighter than a tight rope, thick as concrete and as strong too. So how'd it get like this? One day Strings just announces we're gonna look for a guitarist and Drummer goes along with it. If Sailor was here he would have had my back and the idea probably wouldn't have crossed Strings mind in the first place. He just left because of a stupid fight he and Drummer had at a heated moment. If they could just forgive and forget then everything would be just fine... Instead, I feel guilty for not securing Ray's place...

Drummer's uncles friends daughter (or something like that) owns The Mirage down the town. It's not our style, too fancy, too small but Strings didn't turn it down. He doesn't have pride in us, shows how much he cares. Back in our Blue Eyed days venues all over would beg for us, we were fresh air and everybody wanted a breath. We were on the verge of signing a contract when... it happened. Those happy days became to happy for me to remember in times like these, like how blinding the sun can be when you've been in the dark for to long. Those memories of joy have become sharpened with regret to the point whenever I remember them, it takes another stab as me.

In walks him. Strings fabulous new pet. He looks pretty girly if you ask me, with that emo haircut and one ear pierced. Probably thinks he's cool, Strings does, Drummer does, is he expecting me to as well? Notta chance. I can see through his charm, him trying to bribe my favour with sweets. Pathetic. Hate sweets, unless they're minty. The guy sticks with buying cheap sweets though, nothing like- I paused. Damn. He has after eights this time. Now it's a challenge.

'Want one?' He asked with a big stupid grin on his face.

I didn't even realise my hand, which responded loyally to my stomach so easily, had picked up one of the mint squares and took it out of its envelope. I froze. He smiled smugly, thinking he had won. Well he hadn't won yet. I threw it onto the floor and pounded my foot down on it, squishing its creamy mintyness against the wood. My stomach began to cry out for what would have tasted so delicious on my tongue- but sacrifices had to be made. 'That's what I think of your sweets.' I said.

'Be nice.' Said Drummer who was easily influenced by Mr.I'm-so-cool's hurt expression. It was fake- an act, one that someone like me could see through but they couldn't. They liked to think as me as the dumb and naive one when really it was them. They were my friends, practically my brothers- but this guy had come along and changed them for the worse.

We did band practice like we normally do, and by normal I mean I pissed them off by stopping half way through every song. Eventually, I could tell by Strings glare that I stepped on a nerve. For the first time ever, he was the one to storm out. Not me. Not Drummer. Not Sailor. Strings. Drummer found it a shock too, Strings storming out on band practice was the equivalent of Jesus storming out of a church, it just didn't seem right. Drummer went after him and I was left with him.

He chuckled nervously- and so he should be. I shot him the most dirtiest look I could conjure; slits for eyes, low brows, raised nostril and clenched teeth on show. He didn't get the message encoded in it which was: I hate you, get lost- NOW.

'So how're you?' He smiled. God, he was such an idiot.

'Pissed like fuck.'

'Nice.'

'No it's not.' That made him laugh, in such a girly way. He realised this and coughed quickly to try and cover it up- didn't work though.

'Can I ask you something?'