Chapter 7 My Chris! Mine! (Red POV)

Chapter 7

My Chris! Mine!

~Red

‘Ha ha!’ Strings threw his head back and cackled, ‘Oh Chris, the king of all beast masters! Can you master the beast of this horny woman!’ He growled, mockingly.

‘Gonna be honest Strings, you’re kinda creepy sometimes.’ Chris said snatching the letter out of his hands and scanning it again.

I felt sick. Some fan had been stalking Chris and now wanted to meet him? What if it was some forty year old creep that was planning to kidnap him?

‘You’re not planning to go, are you?’ I asked.

‘Well yeah, she’ll be waiting for me.’

‘You mean he’ll be waiting to kidnap you!’

He laughed, ‘Don’t be so paranoid. I remember seeing her at our first gig.’

I froze. He remembered? Suddenly images of this mysterious pink haired woman, tall, busty and beautiful with his arms around Chris tormented my mind. They’d meet, shake hands at first and then she would go on and on about how amazing he was until he felt so loved he’d have to love her back. They’d go on dates; eat raspberries on our couch while watching my back to the future trilogy; hold hands as they walked down the gypsy trail; he’d take her to our den where they’d kiss; I’d be kept up by her moaning at night; then I’d be asked to be the best man at the wedding of the guy I love and watch as he vows to spend all of his happiest days as a straight guy with this pinked haired groupie!

‘Red, you okay man?’ Strings waved me back to reality. I looked up where they were both looking at me with concerned looks.

Chris placed his hand on my forehead, ‘I think your burning up.’

I snatched his hand away, ‘Let me come with you!’

‘Uh… why?’

‘Just… in case he’s a serial killer or something!’

He shrugged, ‘If it’ll make you feel better, but I’m pretty sure Vivi is a she.’

He said her name like he’d known her forever. Vivi. What a stupid name, sounded like some dumb character from an even dumber fantasy video game. All the way to the park all he’d ever talk about was "I wonder what’s she’s like?" "I wonder why she’d like me?" As if he should wonder. He was the most selfless, funny, amazing person I’d every met. When he smiled it was like his face was reflecting what was in his heart, all that warmth, all that kindness. When he got tired he’d yawn in this cute way that sounded like what I imagined a baby dinosaur would sound like. And then he’d raise his hand up to his mouth in this polite but fragile way that made you want to wrap him in your arms for him to sleep there. And when he eat cherry tomatoes he’d take one individually and press it through his soft pink lips and-

‘Um, whatchya doing?’

I watched Chris blink. My face was inches away from his. ‘Shading your face.’ I said lamely.

He laughed, ‘On a cloudy day?’

‘Well… it’s a warm day too…’

‘Are you sure you’re feeling alright?’

‘Yup.’

He giggled sweetly before patting me on the head, ‘Your so weird. But that’s why I love ya.’

My eyes followed him as he walked ahead, ‘I love you too.’ I said under my breath before walking again.

We were just crossing the bridge over the stream that lead to the duck pond when we spotted her. She sat on the benches; her bright pink hair tied in pleats. Her skin was darker and her eyes wide and animated not to mention incredibly green. She must’ve been Asian, or her parents at least. She wore a lilac dress and a sparkling necklace that was caught in the brightness of the clouds, which may have well been the sun for all Scotland knew.