Chapter 17 YOU'RE WHAT? (Crystal POV)

Chapter 17

YOU’RE WHAT?

~ Crystal

I jolted up in my bed as the door swung open. How long have I been out of it? The light flashed on and burned water out of my eyes. I groaned and covered my eyes as I heard footsteps thud quickly into the room.

‘Chris! S-sorry!’ I heard Red’s voice before he hurried back and switched off the light.

‘Don’t worry about it…’ I yawned as he opened the curtains and let the moon and lights outside light up the room. It was still dark outside so I couldn’t have slept for that long. ‘What time is it.’

He quickly checked his phone, ‘About quarter past three in the morning.’

‘Oh… I’ve only been asleep for five minutes.’ I laughed tiredly, ‘Have enough of partying then?’

He shook his head. He looked so… Mystical in that light. The moonlight etched and outlined him, his handsome face, his broad shoulder, his collar bone, the abs that showed as shadowed lines through his shirt. I liked the way it made his eyes sparkle, most. It turned his pale skin a haunting blue and cast a shadow on his other half.

‘Why’d you come back so soon then?’ I asked.

‘I wanted to talk to you.’

‘About what?’ He slowly came over and stood at the end of my bed. He didn’t say a thing. I begun to panic, it wasn’t like him to be so… serious. ‘Red…’ I slid over the covers and crawled to the edge of my bed, ‘Red, what’s wrong?’

Next thing I know, I was thrown on the bed. Wide-awake now, I could feel his heavy warmth pressed up against me, his hands in my hair and most of all, I could taste his lips on mine. So for eighteen years of my life- not one single kiss and then the minute I become a transvestite, everybody is shoving their tongue down my throat!? The shock had paralysed my body. How long had he known I was a girl? How long did he feel this way? Or did he just find out and in some drunken horny state, decide he needed to get laid?

I pushed him back and he yelled in my ear, ‘I’M GAY!’ Okay… Wasn’t expecting that…

‘YOU’RE WHAT?’ I gaped.

‘I-I-I’m sorry!’ He choked, ‘I just- I- I couldn’t help it- I couldn’t help falling in love with- with you…’

I felt my heart stop, my cheeks burn up, ‘Falling… In lov-‘

‘It’s not like I planned it!’ He shouted every word painfully, but kept his eyes open and fixed on mine, ‘I thought I was straight- well I was until I met you! It’s not like I’m into guys or anything- It’s just you. I just love you. Nobody else- Not one other guy- Not one other girl- I love you, Chris!’ He began panting, I could see his heart pulsating through his chest. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what I could say.

He slowly lower his head back down to mine. I didn’t say anything or do anything to stop him and when his lips pressed against mine that’s when I realised… "You heart definitely belongs to someone, whether you’ve given it to them or not…" I wanted him to. I used every logical thought I had to deny it but in the end I always came to the same conclusion: I love him.

I slowly let my hands slide up his chest. His hands slid around my waist. He kept on kissing until I couldn’t help but kiss back, he tasted of something so familiar but I’d never before taste, something that reminded me of the northern lights he would create on his wall… Was he made up of the same magic? But then his warm, soft hands moved under my top and slowly crawled up my torso. No! Panic took hold of me- he’ll feel- he’ll feel my breasts! I wasn’t ready for him to know- I had to tell him myself- when I was ready- what would he think if he found out now?

I used all my strength to push him off of me, ‘Red! Stop!’ I screamed.

He looked completely broken, his bottom lip quivering, trying to scoop up any word he could, ‘I…’ He froze then pushed himself off the bed, wiping his mouth and ruffling his hair. He yelled, ‘I’m sorry!’ And ran out the room.

I put a hand to my forehead and sighed. This couldn’t be happening to me. This couldn’t be happening to us. My heart ached… Should I have just told him?

(Writer's note: Sorry for the shortness but seeing as I've uploaded it quickly I'm hoping that'll make up for it ^ ^ I'm really really busy with essays and tutoring and band practice so I probably won't upload until late friday night, maybe even saturday, but I can't wait to write it! XD This is the chapter I've been longing to write ever since I wrote the very first word of the story- I think you can all guess what it is ^ ^ Anyway! Hope you enjoyed, even though it was short. Oh and- I found this picture ages ago and thought that looks like Red and Chris! So I added red tips to the guy in its hair so it could look more like Red ^ ^)