Chapter 11 A Drowning Saint (Strings POV)

Chapter 11

A Drowning Saint

~Strings

I thought it’d be a cold day in hell when we were friends with Sailor again, but apparently the weather’s still warm down there. I was roasting in it, anyway. I kept replaying when I caught Rosetta with Chris over in my head. I knew Chris was a girl and straight (unfortunately) so wasn’t interested in Rosetta (the upside). But Rosie… For all she knew Chris was a man. Which meant, she really did love her…

I punched the wall. Drummer looked up from his cereal. Red had stayed up all night searching for a G-string. Ha. Don’t worry, it was for his bass. Anyway, he was sleeping with his head on Drummer’s shoulder. Chris was still in the shower. Women.

‘I realise it’s not the colour you wanted it to be but there is no need to get abusive.’ Drummer said.

I laughed sarcastically and glared a Red, away in his peaceful dreamland. He grabbed onto Drummer’s arm and snuggled into to it, ‘I’m having serious concerns for ‘im. Don’t you mind him doing that?’

‘Nope.’ He said, shoving a spoonful of weetos in his mouth. ‘So why are you pissed?’

‘No reason.’ I sighed and heard Chris come out of the shower. I turned to see her drying her hair with my towel, ‘Wassup guys?’ She asked, ‘Hope you don’t mind but I borrowed your towel.’ She smiled at me. No, you helped yourself to my girlfriend’s heart, why should I mind my towel too?

Red blinked awake at the sound of her voice and wiped the sleep from his eyes, ‘Morning!’ He beamed tiredly.

She walked over and ruffled his hair before dumping her towel on the couch. ‘Morning sleepy head, ever find that string?’

‘Nope.’ He sighed, ‘I’ll have to go to town for it.’

‘You should go with him.’ I said to Chris, wanting her out of my sight. Something inside me ached when I looked at her. I just wanted some time to myself.

‘I’ll go with him.’ Drummer said.

‘It’s fine.’ Chris laughed, ‘I’ll be happy to.’ Red looked very happy with this.

Drummer shook his head, ‘No, I’ll go. I need you here.’

I snapped my head around, ‘Why?’

‘Because he’s the only one who can make sure you behave.’

‘Nu-uh.’

‘Uh-huh.’

‘Nu-uh.’ Red joined in.

I held out my arms and presented him, ‘He agrees!’

‘It’s fine, I get it Drummer.’ She laughed, ‘I’ll keep an eye on him.’

‘Thanks.’ He replied and then smiled at Red who was frowning. Was he trying to help Red become straight or something? Anyhow, I wasn’t happy with it. Alone with her? Ugh…

<><><><><>

‘What you doing?’ She said.

I slid the magazine off my face and looked up, ‘Why are you in my room?’

‘Because Red and Drummer just left and I wanted to see if you wanted to do something?’

‘Nut.’

‘You must want to do something?’

‘Do nothing.’