Chapter 11 Raspberries (Red POV)

(Writer's Note: Hiya! As promised here is the next chapter :D hope you like it, I tried to make it as funny as I possibly good. Also- just out of curiosity- whose your favourite character so far? :D)

Chapter 11

Raspberries

~Red

It was the night before our first performance as Lazer Graffiti and Strings decided that instead of practising, it'd be best if he sodded off to the pub to do some advertising. By advertising, he actually meant getting completely hammered and boasting that he's in a band to all the other drunks. Drummer, knowing that if he stayed would have to be the one to hold back Strings over gelled hair while he boked up the Chinese take away we had last night and the pancakes we had this morning. Of course I wasn't bloody doing it, but I wasn't leaving the house either. Besides, somebody had to stay and tell Chris that band wasn't on today.

Just think how sad he'd be to come all the way here and nobody was in? He'd be so confused- what if he thought we were going to be right back? What if he waited outside for us until dark? What if it started raining? An image of Chris appeared in my mind, him howling telling himself we'd be back any minute as the rain poured over him and the dark left him blind and shiver. I clenched my fist and vowed then never to let that happen! I'd protect him because I-

What the hell is wrong with me?

I asked myself burying my head in my hands. I could be playing Xbox or writing a new song, but instead I was thinking of him. Why? That was the question I couldn't answer... It couldn't possibly be- No. I told myself firmly. You're straight. Perfectly straight. You like boobs- you read dirty magazines all the time and NOT of guys. Of girls. Of pretty girls. Girls whose eyes sparkle and lips curve so happily... and the way they laugh and smile, the way he makes me feel like I've earned it, the way his eyes light up at the sight of me, the way-

'DAMNIT!' I shouted. I was thinking of him again, why? WHY? I hit my head against the wall over and over again, thinking that the words would just fall out of my mouth and they did. 'He's like a kid brother to me.' That was it, that's the answer! I want to protect him cause he's my bro. I'm happy to see him happy, cause it's kinda a big brothers job to take care of his kid brother right? Yes. And that's why I feel I earned it, cause its my job. Chris is my bro, nothing more.

A knock at the door- suddenly I find my hand straight on the knob and opening it as Chris was midway through his second knock. He beamed up at me with bewilderment.

'Uh- Hey, that was fast.'

'Uh- I was expecting a delivery.'

'Of what?' He laughed.

'Of...' Manly, think manly, 'Girl on girl porn.' Manly.

'Uh...huh...' He said awkwardly then laughed again.

'I can let you borrow it when I'm done.'

'Ah...' He shook his head, 'I've got... porn...'

'Yeah, course.' I nodded and then gestured him inside. He dumped his guitar and observed the room. By now he would have realised that Strings came attached with a heavy amount of Lynx and he could not smell this, so instantly knew he wasn't here. Secondly, Drummer's sticks weren't kicking about anywhere, which showed that we were here alone... together... Don't dare think what I think you're gonna think!

'Where's the others?' He asked.

I shrugged, 'Strings is at the pub and Drummer is out... somewhere.'

'Oh, then what's happening with the band?' His voice sounded so disappointed I just wanted to give him a- a- a- y'know, beer, to cheer him up.... Yeah...