Chapter 2 Gay Confessions (Red POV)

(Writer's quick apology for this chapter in advance: I'm sorry- I just couldn't resist...)

Chapter 2

Gay Confessions

~Red

I think I got to sleep easier for a number of reasons; 1. I was plastered. 2. Sailor had rejoined the band. 3. I was sleeping next to Chris.

When I fluttered my eyes open the next afternoon; we were face to face. His mouth was slightly open and his eyes were still closed. He looked so… beautiful when he slept, like he was almost a girl. I crept my hands under the covers where nobody could see and held his hand. He didn’t flinch or pull away like I was afraid he would. The corners of my lips curved.

‘Cock-a-doodle-doo!’ Strings sang. He was standing above me. I quickly pulled my hand back as Chris stretched himself awake.

‘You guys do realise it’s three o’clock.’

‘Sleepy times…’ He yawned and snuggled into his pillow.

Strings gazed down at him for a moment, when I expected him to kick him in the ass or something. ‘Right- you get to lie in. Red- get up.’

‘What?’ I whined, ‘Why do I have to get up?’

‘Cause we need fooooooooooood.’ He said clutching his stomach and spun his head around neck, ‘You, Drummer, get meat- now.’

‘And nachos.’ Sailor added from the kitchen.

Next thing I knew I was walking down the street zombiefied beside Drummer who seemed the same as he always did.

The streets were always dead on Sundays. There was a few kids walking about, full of energy and wanting to play. All the leaves on the trees’ were turning into shades of bronze and gold. Half of them rolled about the path and road. I hated Autumn. It was freezing, with no snow, so baring with the cold wasn’t worth it. I wanted it to be Christmas already. Last Christmas sucked, it was just me, Drummer and Strings opening crappy presents with no thought put into them. But now that we had Chris and Sailor again, I knew it would be one of the best we ever had.

Me and Drummer didn’t say much until we reached the shop. He looked like he was thinking about something deep all the way there. Or maybe that was just because I couldn’t see his eyes. We bought all the things on the list pretty quickly and began to walk back. The sun had come out, and things got slightly warmer, warm enough for him to take off his hoodie and wrap it around his waist anyway.

‘Can we take the path through the woods?’ He asked as we reached the opening to it.

‘Sure.’ I smiled.

I guess autumn looked kinda pretty when it was warm. Definitely when we were walking the dirt path anyway. He came to a stop when we were near the river and gazed at it.

‘What is it?’ I asked, ‘Seen Nessie?’

I kinda expected him to laugh at my lame jokes like usual but his tone was extremely serious, ‘Have you ever fought a feeling… Just because you were worried nobody would understand?’

I gulped, ‘I… I guess.’

‘Especially the one person you want to understand the most?’

Oh God… He knows…

‘I- I don’t know what you’re talking about.’

‘And even though the feeling feels wrong…’ He continued, ‘At the same time, it’s the most right thing.’

‘Drummer… I can Expl-‘

I was cut off by… Something and dropped my shopping bags. I was a bit surprised at first, not really sure what was happening. I could see blonde. I felt something tug at my collar and something else clamped around my arm. And a warmth… On my lips… It was Drummer’s lips.