Chapter 6 Everwood (Crystal POV)

(Writer's Note: Just to say thank you to everybody who has commented, voted or fanned, Thank You All so much! :D)

Chapter 6

Everwood

~Crystal

I was in deep crap. I don't know what happened, I planned if they had let me in I would just come out with it and everything would be alright like Michelle said. But my tongue just caught whenever I tried to say it, I was just so happy being taught the riffs for most of their early songs and trying to brainstorm up a new band name. Now I was stuck, how could I tell them? Just show up in a skirt and say, "Hey I’m a girl"? I wanted Ray to appear before me and tell me what to do, like he used to. I remember the first time I was learning guitar I pressed down too hard on the string and it bruised my finger. The weakling I was, I was hysterical with tears and all the guys began teasing me apart from him. He walked over with his sensuous blue eyes gazing into mine as he reassured me everything would be alright and held my hand is his. He told me not to listen to the others and the first time you play guitar it’s quite sore and that he howled like a baby. I was bewildered by his confidence to admit that in front of the guys but they didn't tease him like they did me. And it felt nice, knowing that a calm, talented guy like him could relate to a boring bookworm like me. Unfortunately, none of the small minority of friends I have could possibly have said, "Yeah, I know how you feel. One time I dressed up as the opposite sex to get into a band and was totally terrified about what I got myself into- but it all worked out great in the end." Besides, I knew this wouldn't work out at all.

I came out the bathroom wearing my older brother's old jeans and my friend Nathan's baggy Lost Prophets shirt. Michelle eyed me up and down before her eyes stilled at my zipper- Or rather the bulge I conjured with a scrunched up ball of toilet paper.

She scoffed, ‘Aren't we being rather ambitious?’

‘I've never seen one! How do I know how big it's supposed to be?’

‘Well, let’s just say if you were that big then I'd have to rip your clothes off right now.’

‘Er... thanks?’ I ran back into the bathroom, discarded a few of the tissues and ran back out.

‘Hmmm... Not bad- is that the same as you had it last time?’

‘Er no... It was as big as before last time.’

‘.... Oh well, they'll think you stuffed to get better chances of getting in.’ She laughed making me feel awkward.

‘What am I supposed to do?’ I moaned, collapsing on my bed.

‘You go rock out, sell billions of albums and then tell everyone you're really a girl so you can write an amazing autobiography that will sell for millions- and buy me Joseph Gordon Levitt.’

‘Ha ha.’ I said sarcastically but she was right, what else could I do right now but ‘rock out’?

Our band practice area was in a house that Eric, Scott and Robin lived in together. It was an obvious boy’s house; the carpet reeked of booze, the desks and cabinets were cluttered with plectrums and playboy magazines and post-it notes of arguments between the band mates were stuck on the walls. In its own unique way, it was kinda cool.

I entered their home cautiously, Epiphony ready to pound any spider I saw into the ground. He was wearing nothing but boxer shorts which made me uneasy but I couldn't tear my eyes away from his abs. I blushed as he caught me looking. ‘Jealous of my pecks, huh?’

‘Y-yeah...’ I said, though it was more lusting after them than jealous of them.

‘Drummer is out but Red is still in dreamland- can you go wake him up while I put something on?’