Chapter 10 The Aurora Borealis of Sullaby (Crystals POV)

• Dedicated to To anybody whose ever fallen in love with someone they know they shouldn't have

(Writer's Note: As promised I uploaded soon :D I hope you enjoy this chapter, but I have a sneeky suspicion anybody with Red as their fave character will love this one ;) )

Chapter 10

The Aurora Borealis of Sullaby

~Crystal

I felt sick. I felt like I could spew up the world in an instant. I fell out with Red with him being so… So horrible about Michelle, but when I began to think about it, at least he was honest. Me on the other hand? I told him he was my best friend, which I felt to be true, even though Michelle is my best friend too- but at least I’m not lying to her. But I’m lying to him. And to Strings and Drummer. I knew I had to tell them, but I had already signed up as a guy! What was I supposed to do?

Dreading seeing Red again, I ended up appearing at band ten minutes late.

‘We thought you might not show.’ Strings sighed, ‘Wouldn’t blame you, but he’s like that sometimes. Remember how he was when you joined? Once he gets to know her he’ll be better.’

‘Er… well I don’t think that’s going to happen.’

‘How come?’

The deal with Michelle was one date and one date only, Strings had connection to popular groups and she didn’t want to get a name for herself as a two timer.

‘We got into a fight…’ more lies…

‘Not over Red?’ Drummer asked.

‘No, she says I’ve been too clinging and rushing her… So we split…’

‘Aw that sucks so much!’ Strings said, genuinely disappointed things didn’t work about between me and my fake girlfriend.

I looked around to see Annamolly, Red’s new Wyman Bass, still in its stand, ‘Where’s Red?’

Drummer shrugged, ‘Said he didn’t want to play today.’

‘Just leave him.’ Strings said seeing me sway towards the hallway, ‘He’s just taking a strop.’

I didn’t listen to him. I knocked on Red’s door twice and got no answer. Opening it, I found Red with his back against his bedpost, eyes closed and earphones over his head. His shirt was unbuttoned and I couldn’t help but blush when I saw his well-toned abs. I coughed and scratched the back of my neck, trying to scratch the bashfulness away.

‘Red.’ I called. No reply. I moved over slowly towards him staring into his face as I did so. Had he always been so pale? Had his lips always been that pink? He looked so innocent like a child. I suppose he was. Ray once said I was childish but that was only because I was quite naïve, I got really angry with him for that, being as young as I was, but it made him laugh. I asked him, "Why’d you always laugh at me when I’m not happy!?"

"Because you’re so cute." He said and pulled me into a tight embrace, "You’re naïve and childish and cute. Don’t ever change."

But I did, I kinda felt I had to. We all have to grow up sooner or later… but I knew how he felt. I was so annoyed at Red saying those things about Michelle but his headstrong attitude and naivety and his childishness made him so innocent. I didn’t want him to change.

I was beside him now and began to notice a single droplet of water running from his eye over his cheek.

‘Red.’ I called again and poked his arm.

He jerked up, removing his headphones and looking completely shocked at my appearance there, ‘C-Chris… What’re you doing here?’

‘We need you for band.’