Chapter 5: Obvious Secret

WARNING: Drugs/Dialogue about drugs in this chapter.

Kola's POV

It was Wednesday morning and I had school. I woke up later at than usual since I was out with my mom all night. As I rubbed my eyes, I heard the back door shut. I knew for a fact my mom and brother were still sleep. Maybe I was just hearing things since I had just woken up.

I laid in the bed for a while before getting up and walking downstairs. I walked towards the laundry room as I heard a sound coming from that direction. As soon as I was about to open the door, it opened. "Ahh, what are you doing up?" Keo panicked. "Um, we have school?" I said, being suspicious of the way he was acting.

"Oh, I thought you weren't going since you were out all night." he spoke as if he was avoiding something. I looked through the glass door of the washing machine and seen sheets being washed. "Did you pee on yourself while sleeping?" I joked. He just looked at me weirdly before smirking. "What?" I asked but he ignored me and went back up stairs.

What the hell?
——————————

When my brother and I arrived at school we headed to the cafeteria. Everyone was there except Rose. It was odd since she was the only hype one during the morning. She'd usually hype the rest of us up. "Where's Rose?" I asked while sitting next to Halia.

"She told me that she probably wasn't coming today. She got sick last night." Blue answered. "She's ly- I mean r-really?" Keo stuttered, trying to get his words together. We all stared at him in suspense. "Were you about to say Rose is lying? How would you know? Were y'all together last night?" Carlos joked.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they were" Halia mumbled, catching everyones attention. "What the hell do you mean?!" I firmly questioned. "Aha, I have to go to class." Keo nervously laughed. It was obvious he was lying. We all became suspicious of him as he walked away.

"What was that about?" Carlos laughed. Everyone looked at Halia, knowing that she knew something. "Why are y'all looking at me?" Halia asked while playing with her fingers, a habit she does when she's lying or trying not to snitch on someone. "Um. Halia. Sweetheart. What the hell do you mean by, you wouldn't be surprised if they were?" I asked.

"What? I don't know!" Halia started shaking her legs. Something else she does if she was lying or hiding something. "Halia, I thought you and I were best friends. If something is going on, you should tell me, especially if it involves my brother. So you have five seconds before I end our friendship!" I told her.

She knew I wasn't joking from all the people I've stopped being friends with in the past. "Um, he and Rose exchange...um...drugs" Halia voiced. She, herself sounded suspicious but I decided to ask Keo and Rose anyways. I walked away in silence.
——————————

Halia's POV

As I was on my way to my last period, I was suddenly choked by my shirt being pulled into a corner. When I finally caught my balance I turned to see Keo. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I asked while hitting him. "No. What the fuck is wrong with you?" he held me by my wrist. "What do you mean?" I questioned, confused.

"You told my sister I had drugs...SHE TOLD MY MOM!" he angrily shouted. "Oh. That." I rolled my eyes while attempting to pull my wrist away. "That's all you have to say?" he asked, obviously getting aggravated. He finally let me out of his grip. "What's the big deal. It's not like you do, right?" I shrugged. "I do." he sighed, surprising me.

"Fuck! Are you serious?" I asked as I hit his arm. "Yes, I don't do them as much as before but I still do." he explained. "Well listen, I didn't know you actually had drugs, but it was better then me telling your sister that you're fucking her best friend!" I voiced but was immediately shushed by Keo's hand over my mouth.

Keo took me to the more emptier side of the hallway. "How the fuck do you know that?" he nervously asked. I took a breath before saying "I'm quiet, not dumb, and I'm not slow like the rest of them...respectfully of course." I crossed my arms. "So, nobody else knows?" he whispered.

"No, and the only reason I know is because y'all made it obvious, so I put two and two together" I said, pressing my hands together. "Can you skip your last period for me?" he asked, as if he disregarded what I just explained. "Why?" I questioned. "Since you're responsible for this, I'll give you the key to our house. Go to my room and put the weed in your bag or something." he demandingly suggested.

"Why can't you do it after school?" I asked. "Because my mom comes home earlier today, so I'll be playing with fire if I do it once I get back." Keo explained. "And why can't you skip your last period to do it?" I questioned. "In case you haven't noticed, my sister is keeping tabs on me since you wanna be a snitch." he spoke, trying to be smart. "Fine whatever." I finally gave in after him explaining more to me.

I finally finished with putting the weed into my book bag. The only thing left was finding somewhere to put them. I couldn't bring them home because my mom would find them. I told Keo I'd have to dispose them and that didn't go well. I decided to put it in the trash can at my driving school since I was going there already.

Many students went there, so if it was found they wouldn't automatically assume me. When I was finished throwing it away I went inside to use the restroom. Some students were in there since it was now after school hours. Thankfully I only had a couple of days left in driving school.

"Oh, hey." I heard as I exited the bathroom. It was that guy from yesterday, Zyaire...I just happened to remember his name. "Hi." I looked up at him. "You're here on Wednesdays too?" he asked. "Sometimes, not that it's any of your business." I answered.

"It's not but you just told me, so you obviously want me in your business." he stepped closer to me. "Um, anyways." I sighed as I rolled my eyes. "Can I get your instagram or...number?" he asked. I took a few seconds to think before giving him my instagram name. "Thanks shortie." he said. "Why do you keep calling me that?" I questioned.

"Because you never told me your name and you're so short" he laughed while walking away. I couldn't help but smile at how cute but good looking he was.