Chapter 18: Confused

Halia's POV

Rose and I were walking into the grocery store when I heard a very familiar voice. "Hold on." I grabbed Rose's arm to pull her out of the store. "What?" Rose asked like a whining child. "I heard someone." I explained, turning around. "Uh yea, this is a grocery store." she voiced. "No, I heard a familiar voice." I responded.

Before Rose could respond I saw whose voice it was.
Zyaire. "Wait right here, I'll be right back." I told Rose before walking over to him and another woman that was standing next to him. "Excuse me sir, remember me?" I tapped him. "Who's that?" the woman I was barely paying attention to whispered. "I-I don't know." Zyaire stuttered.

"You don't know who I am ZYAIRE?!" I emphasized his name. "Well, she knows your name." the woman said with a soft innocence voice. "Oh, I remember you now." he forced a smile as he smacked the back of my head. "Ouch." I rolled my eyes. "Why did you do that? Don't hit her." the woman expressed in the sweetest voice. "I need to talk to you mister." I stated, reaching up to tap his shoulder again.

"No, I'm busy as you can see." Zyaire responded. "No he's not, you can talk to him." the woman smiled while backing up. Zyaire roughly pulled me further away from the woman. "Can you get off of me please?" I pushed Zyaire's off of me. "What the fuck are you doing here?" he stupidly wondered.

"Boy bye! This is a motherfucking grocery store, not your apartment." I rushed out. "Well, what do you want?" he clearly was annoyed. "Maybe I want to know why you ghosted me." I answered in a slightly sarcastically way. "Uh, hello!" he slightly shouted, pointing to the woman from earlier. "Uh, hello what?" I crossed my arms.

"I have a girlfriend." he whispered. "You have a what?" I spoke loud enough to get the attention of others passing by. I already heard him, I just wanted to play games. "I said I have a girlfriend. Her, she's my girlfriend." he repeated. "Wow! So you ghost me and then found yourself a girlfriend?" I shook my head.

"Actually, we've been dating." he quietly stated. "So you cheated on your girlfriend with me?" I questioned. "Yea?" he nodded. "And she doesn't know?" I whispered. "No?" he answered again as if he was afraid of his own answer. "I hope you know that was wrong." I shook my head in disappointment.

"I don't really like her anymore. I've been wanting to break up with her but I can't." he sighed. "Why?" I laughed. "Have you not been paying attention?" he yelled. "I have, I just don't understand." I answered. "She's freaking pregnant...it's right there. She's like six months." he pointed at her. I looked her way and examined her, now seeing her stomach that wasn't there before.

"Oh...I didn't even notice" I stated before covering my mouth. "You definitely can't tell her you cheated now." I chuckled. "Why?" Zyaire asked. "She's pregnant. She has the power to murder you and if I'm being honest, she should." I expressed before turning around to walk away. "So...would you still be interested in us hanging out again?" he slowly asked.

"Hell no! I hope she breaks your neck when she finds out!" I nearly shouted. "Wait, can she really do that?" he seemed worried. I slowly turned around. "Can a dog bark?" I asked before turning back around. "Yea." he answered. "You would know." I fake coughed without looking back.

"Damn, what took you so long?" Rose asked. "Nothing. What do you need from this store?" I smiled as we walked in. "My mom gave me a list, also olives and chips for myself." she answered. "Rose? You hate olives." I stated, confused. "No I don't. I've actually been wanting some recently." she explained. "Whatever you say." I sighed.

"Ew, you smell that?" Rose sniffed the air. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "It's smells like pizza." Rose covered her mouth, as if she was about to puke. "I thought pizza was one of your favorite foods though" I said, confused as ever. "No, that one doesn't smell right." she responded while shaking her head. "Oh, there is a pizza spot over there." I pointed out.

We were in the store for a while, waiting for Rose to choose between different products. "Ouu, do you think I should try mint ice cream?" Rose smiled at the different flavors of ice cream. "Rose are you ok?" I finally asked. "Yea, why?" she laughed. "You just seem a bit...off today." I explained.

"No, I don't! See this is why I just do things by myself." she suddenly complained. I waited a few seconds before I decided to respond but she cut me off. "Do you even still want to be my friend? I'm a terrible friend, you shouldn't want to be my friend anymore." she started to whine with watery eyes.

"Rose, it's okay. I'm still your friend." I answered, slowly patting her back. We stood quietly for a few minutes. "Yes, your right. I don't know what took over me." she sighed, tapping my shoulder. Rose continued walking down the aisle. I stood there confused as hell. I'd never seen her change moods so much in such a short amount of time.

Maybe she was just stressed about school, choosing colleges or turning 18 in a few days. Anyone should be happy to turn 18 and have more freedom though. I should probably talk to Blue, they might know. "Are you ready?" I asked. "I don't know." she pouted. Here we go again.

———————————

I arrived at Kola's house to give her the charger she once left at my house. I knocked a few times but I didn't get an answer. Damn, either nobody's home or their mother won't even let them open the door. I almost walked away when somebody finally opened the door. It was Keo. He attire was very chill. He might've been sleep or laying down.

"What?" he sighed with an attitude. "Where's Kola?" I asked, disregarding his attitude. "She's in trouble." he responded. "Duh, I know that. I need you to give her something then." I explained. "She's not really talking to me and she's probably sleep." he spoke. "Yea, if I had to be related to you I wouldn't want to talk to you either." I expressed, loud and clear.

"That's not even why she's not talking to me. But, anyone related to you should be embarrassed to show their face." he shot back. "You should be embarrassed to show your face. If 'complete failure' was a person, it'd be you." I retorted back at him. "If 'I'm gonna die lonely' was a person, it'd be you." he pointed at me.

"You're probably gonna die cold and lonely, the only girls you mess with tolerate you for one thing and one thing only." I argued. "Well at least I have something going for myself." he tried to argue. "Eh, do you though? I don't see anything." I responded. "You're just lonely and bitter. It's only gonna get worse." he said.

"I don't even know how anyone could love you...let alone like you." I voiced. Something I genuinely always wondered. "The feelings' mutual." he nonchalantly responded. "Are y'all done?" Kola pushed Keo aside. Keo put his middle finger up at me before walking away. I just rolled my eyes at him and passed Kola her charger.

"Thank you." she sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Besides being locked in the house...everything." she rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry" I pulled her into a hug. "I never thought I'd say this but, I want to go to school." she sadly chuckled. "Yea, you're losing it." I laughed. "I know." she smiled.

We have to break her out soon.