Chapter 40: I'm Sorry...

WARNING: This chapter includes talk about abuse and bullying (may be triggering for some)

*Two weeks later*

Kola's POV

"Why did they push his hearing back?" Alonzo asked. We were in the kitchen talking. "Apparently he got into a fight with somebody there, so they pushed his hearing back two weeks." I explained. "Wow, how's your mom taking it?" he asked. "I mean, she hasn't seen him ever since she kicked him out and now he's back in jail, not to mention he has a child on the way so..." I shook my head.

"So...not good?" he asked. "Yea." I nodded. "What about Halia?" Alonzo asked. "Not good. She hasn't spoken to anyone since we found out Keo's hearing got postponed. She's been laying in the same spot, cuddling the same pillow for the past few days. I don't even think she's eaten these past few days." I explained. "They must be really close." he stated.

"Yea. I also think it's kind of triggering for her, since this isn't the first time something like this has happened to someone she cares about." I explained. "Damn. How are you taking it though?" Alonzo placed his hand on mine. "Although he doesn't act like it, he's my little brother...and he just got arrested as a suspect in somebody's murder...so what do you think?" I responded.

"Yea...you're right, I'm sorry." he sighed. "You don't have to apologize." I assured him. "I'm gonna go check on Halia, again." I told him before walking towards Halia's room. I knocked and waited a few seconds before opening the door. There she was, curled up in a little ball, squeezing that same pillow.

"Halia, I don't think it's healthy for you to be in this room all the time." I expressed with concern. "Have you eaten anything?" I questioned. Of course she doesn't respond. I sighed. "Do you want me to make your favorite food?" I walked closer. I heard her finally mumble something. "What did you say?" I asked. "Keo used to make it for me." she whined. I rolled my eyes before sitting next to her.

"He can cook?" I wondered. She shook her head yes. "Oh, I didn't know he could cook...anyways Halia, you need to get your ass out of the fucking bed, and do something!" I scolded. She turned and looked at me with tears in her eyes and started sobbing. "Oh my fucking gosh, Halia why the fuck are you crying?" I asked in an irritated tone.

Halia turned back around and started sniffling. "Halia?" I calmly called. "Hm?" she answered. "Are you...pregnant?" I hesitantly asked her. "No!" she responded in a whiny voice. "When's the last time you had your period?" I questioned. "I just got it, now leave me alone!" she whined, pushing me off her bed. "I'm just checking, after all you are dating Keo." I teased, making her laugh a little.

"Now, get out the bed." I pulled her onto the floor with me. "I hope he's okay." she sighed. "Me too. I hope he doesn't get into anymore fights so we can get him out of there." I expressed. "Exactly. He has a bad temper though and he let's people provoke him too much." Halia explained. "Right, and he's hardheaded." I stated.

The both of us just laid there, ranting about Keo...out of love.

—————————————
*one weeks later*

Keo's POV

"You need to start thinking of the others your effecting, it's not just yourself. From this point on your decisions effect your mom, your sister and your girlfriend. I know you don't want to disappoint any of them, especially your girlfriend. So I suggest, when you leave this building, you get your shit together!" the officer scolded me, before opening the door, revealing outside.