Chapter 55: Family Bond

Kola's POV

"Let's go get in the pool!" Josiah and Chase shouted. The two trouble makers. "Uh, let's unpack first." I stepped in front of the two. They attempted to walk around me but Keo grabbed both of them. We had gotten two hotel rooms for all of us. All of the girls wanted to share a room while the boys shared the other.

"You guys better listen or I will be back...with your dad." I voiced the last part specifically for Cairo and Chase. They both quickly looked at me.

"I'm gonna go check on the girls. Let me know if you have trouble with those two." I told Keo. "Okay. I'm sure they'll be fine. Right guys?" Keo smiled at the two. Cairo and Chase nervously smiled. I already knew they were up to nothing good.

When I walk into the other hotel room, the vibes immediately changed.

The girls and Halia were all chilling and quieting chatting. "Kola, I'm glad you're here. I was just seeing if the girls wanted to get their nails done before Mat and Ava's wedding. All except Angel want to get their nails done." Halia explained. "Okay!" I smiled.

I then looked over at Angel, who was sitting on the couch and scrolling on her phone.

"Hey Angel, you don't wanna get your nails done?" I sat beside her and asked. "Naa." she shook her head no. "Why not?" I wondered. "It's just not really my thing." Angel shrugged. Her eyes were glued to her phone. "Okay, well we're getting our outfits tomorrow. If you change your mind, let us know before then." I told her.

"Uh-huh." she nodded, her eyes never once leaving her phone. "Jesus girl, you can't look at your aunt for one second?" Halia chuckled. "She's all into that phone." I stated. "Angel, take a break from the phone please." Halia sighed. "Mom?" Angel nearly whined.

"Angel." Halia gave her a firm look. "Bro." Angel smack her lips while getting up. "Hey, hey. Stop that." I told her. Angel sighed in annoyance while walking to the room door. "Excuse me. Where are you going?" Halia asked her. "With my dad." Angel answered. Halia paused and gave her a look. "What? I wanna go be with my dad." Angel sighed.

"Fine. Go ahead. You still need to take a break from that phone though." Halia expressed. Angel nodded before walking out of the door. "Ou lord." I shivered. "She's getting to that teenage phase." I continued. "I know. Little miss girl think she's grown or something." Halia shook her head.

"I'm not ready. Kyndall stay eight forever." I sighed. Kyndall looked over at me and giggled. "I'm serious." I smiled. "Mommy." she laughed. "Why are you laughing?" I pretended to cry. "Because, I'm gonna grow up. I'm gonna be a big person. And be a doctor." Kyndall expressed with a smile.

"Mommy, don't cry." Khloe patted my back. "Oh mommy's just joking sweetie." I chuckled. "Oh." Khloe giggled. "Kyndall! You can't be a doctor!" Hazel suddenly shouted. "Yes, she can." Halia nodded, partly confused. "But I wanna be a doctor!" Hazel whined. "You can both be doctors." I suggested.

"No." Hazel crossed her arms. "Hazel, Kyndall can be a doctor too. Now stop your whining before I take your barbie dolls." Halia threatened. Hazel began to make another high pitch whining sound. I sighed to myself at her over dramatic ass. Just like her father.

"I want dad...I want dad!" Hazel began to cry.

"Shut up." Khloe mumbled while frowning. "Khloe, stop it." I told her, trying to hide my smile.

"Oh my gosh." Halia groaned while grabbing her phone. She scrolled on the phone for a short while before holding it to her ear. "Hello?" she spoke. "Baby..." Halia groaned. "What? Ew, no. Stop being nasty Keo." she spoke. "Shut up. I'm not calling for me. I'm calling for your daughter." Halia sighed.