Chapter 36: Influence

*The next week*

Kola's POV

I was walking towards my apartment when I saw Oliver walking the opposite way. He was coming from my apartment and stopped me once we got close enough. "Hey girl! I didn't know you had a boyfriend." he spoke, lightly touching my arm. "Uh, I don't. Why would you- never mind. I know exactly why." I sighed at the realization.

"Oh, he's not your boyfriend?" Oliver smiled. "No, he's my ex." I slightly smiled. "Well, do you mind if I steal him from you because he's fine." Oliver whispered while laughing. "Boy!" I shouted, laughing with him. "What? I'm just being honest girl. I don't want your man though. But he is fine." Oliver stated. "I know." I smirked, making us both laugh.

Once I finished talking to Oliver, I went to unlock my door. I walked inside and saw Carlos walking out of the kitchen, shirtless. "Um sir, where the fuck is your shirt?" I questioned. "Um Kola, obviously not on me." Carlos mocked my tone. I walked ahead of him, stopping in front of him, keeping him from walking. Carlos tried to move around me but failed as I moved every time he moved.

"What?" Carlos clearly had an attitude. "First, I don't know who you think you're talking to. Second, put a shirt on. Third, why did Oliver think you were my boyfriend?" I spoke, putting my fingers up with each statement. "First, you. Second, no. Third, I don't know." Carlos put my fingers back down before walking away. What the fuck?!

"You know, I think you have an attitude problem." I followed him. "Well if I have one, so do you." he responded, sitting on my couch. "What is wrong with you?" I asked with a general concern. "I don't know." he sighed. "Is it...that time of the month?" I joked, causing us both to laugh. "I hate you." he whispered. "I know." I laughed.

"You know Oliver's my landlord's son right? And they work together, right?" I asked. "Uh no, but that explains why he has a..." Carlos started. "A key? Yea it does, doesn't it?" I interrupted him. "He can still like you though." Carlos tried to argue. "He's gay. And he likes you." I explained. "Oh...oh." Carlos spoke after processing everything. "And why can't guys like me?" I nudged him.

"T-They can, I just..." he tried to explain. "It's fine. I understand." I smiled softly. I then got up and walked to my room. I closed my door and took my work clothes off. I went to change and get ready for later on since I invited everybody to my place. While I was waiting, I laid on my bed and scrolled through my phone.

—————————————

I woke up when I heard someone knock on my room door. "Come in." I softly voiced. The door opened and I heard footsteps approach my bed. I wasn't yet ready to get up, so I put a pillow over my head and closed my eyes again. "Kola, get up." I heard Carlos's voice. "Mm I don't want to." I quietly spoke. "All of us have been waiting on you for like 30 minutes." he stated.

"No." I sighed. "No what?" he questioned. "Get up!" he shouted before taking the pillow off my head.

"Why?" I whined while sitting up. "Everybody is here...even your brother." Carlos stated. I suddenly was fully awake after hearing the last part. After all, it was very rare Carlos and Keo could be in the same room without conflict. I got up and walked out my room, dragging Carlos along. "Why aren't you using your crutches?" I asked Carlos as I noticed him walking without them.

"I told you already...I don't like them." he answered. "Well, you need them. Stop being stubborn and use them before you end up in more pain" I explained. "Ugh, fine." he sighed. "Hey, Kola...what happened to your hair?" Blue asked. "Listen, I was sleep." I answered. "I think it's an improvement." Carlos mumbled, causing the others to laugh.

"You know, someday you'll go far away and I hope you stay there." I said, turning back to him. "No, you don't." Carlos smiled. "Yes, yes I do." I responded. "You don't." he argued while shaking his head. "Can you fucking stop that!" I slightly shouted. "Stop what?" he asked. "Telling me what I mean and what I don't mean." I answered. "I don't even do that...a lot." he responded.

"Yes, you do." I argued. "No, I don't." he said. "Yes, you do." I restated. "Well now you're doing it." he said. "Doing what?" I glared at him. "Telling me what I do and what I don't do." he explained. "I never said what you don't do." I stated. "You know what I mean." Carlos sighed. "I mean, if you want me to start that list I can. It just may take a few days." I voiced.

"Yours would take longer." he argued, finally face to face with me. "No it wouldn't." I argued back. "It probably would." he nodded. "So like...are y'all going to kiss or..." Rose interfered. I rolled my eyes at Carlos before backing away from him. He glared at me before going to sit down. "Well, that was quite a show." Blue sarcastically spoke, making the others laugh.

"You guys argue like little kids and a married couple at the same time." Halia laughed while putting her arms around my brother's neck. Keo then put his arms around her waist and pecked her on the lips. "Ew!" I shouted. "When did that happen?" Carlos questioned. "When Halia became a hypocrite." Rose smiled. Halia stared at Rose while putting her middle finger up.

"Did she lie though?" I asked. "It's not that deep." Keo interfered. "Keo, shut the fuck up, nobody is fucking talking to you!" Rose shouted. "Don't fucking talk to him like that!" Halia shouted at Rose. "Don't talk to Rose like that either!" I yelled. "I'm a hypocrite? You didn't even like her months ago and now you're defending her." Halia said to me.

"Babygirl you didn't even like Keo and now you're all on him, so hush." Rose said to Halia. "Anyways." Halia whispered while rolling her eyes. "Well, that was quite a show 2.0." Blue said, trying not to laugh. "I thought we were supposed to be hanging out...as a group...like we used to do." Carlos interrupted. "Yea, we are. How's your leg?" Blue asked Carlos.

"Uh...it's better, I guess. I can kinda walk on it but Kola doesn't want me to." Carlos glared at me. "Because it's not fully healed." I stated. "What happened to it?" Keo asked, causing everyone to stare at him. "I was in a car accident?" Carlos seemed alarmed. "When?" Keo questioned. "A month ago?" Carlos answered, wondering why Keo cared. "Oh...sorry." Keo spoke, confusing everyone.

"For what?" Carlos asked. "If the accident was a month ago, then it was probably my fault." Keo nonchalantly answered. "Um, what do you mean?" I walked closer. "Yea, around that time I was really annoyed with Carlos and then he broke up with you. So I told someone and they said they'll handle it. But for your sake, I told him not to kill Carlos. So they made other plans." Keo nonchalantly explained.

"What?!" Rose shouted. "Wait, you knew about it before it happened?" I questioned. "I didn't know about the car accident. I didn't know they'd do something like that." Keo responded. "That means whoever it was, must've been watching you to even know what car you drive and where you would be." Blue explained.

"Who was it?" I wondered. "Uh, someone who promised to care for me." Keo answered. "Mr. bodyguard man?" Halia asked. "No, it's the one who's...item I'm holding." Keo answered Halia. Whatever that means. "Oh." Halia shrugged.

"But they're in jail now, you don't have to worry about them." Keo said to Carlos, who had been quiet. "I'm not worried." Carlos chuckled. "You're not?" I asked. "No, after all the stuff you've tried to do to me...I could care less, because it makes you look pathetic. At this point it is what it is and I hope you're proud." Carlos expressed to Keo.

"I'm not though. I sincerely would like to apologize and say it was wrong and childish of me. For all of the things I've done to you." Keo apologized, making everyone gasp. "Who told you to say that? Halia?" Carlos asked. "No. She may have influenced it but she didn't tell me to say anything." Keo answered. All of us just stared in shock, at Keo and Halia.

Was she really influencing my disrespectful little brother...?