Chapter 34: More Than Friends?

Halia's POV

Rose and I were at Kola's apartment, helping her decorate and clean. "You've been spending a lot of time with my brother lately." Kola stated. "No, I haven't." I argued. "There are days we go without seeing or hearing from you." Rose voiced. "Okay and? I could just be with my mom or- or my little brother." I shrugged.

"Did I forget to mention that every time we see you again, you somehow have a new set of hickeys." Rose smiled. "No, I don't." I nervously laughed. "Yes, you do." Kola agreed. "Even if I do, who said it's from him?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "Girl please. You always smell like his cologne." Rose expressed. "Of course you would know what his cologne smells like." I glared at Rose.

"Halia calm down. I only messed with him twice and I didn't and still don't like him like that. Trust me, I don't want your man." Rose explained. "He's not my man." I mumbled, trying not to smile. "Welp, your face says something different." Kola teased. "Stop it." I nearly whined. "You're the one doing it, not me." Kola laughed. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"You guys?" Rose held her stomach.

"What's wrong?" Kola panicked. "I'm hungry." Rose smiled. "Really?" Kola rolled her eyes. "Me too." I sighed. "Anyone wanna buy me food?" Rose asked. "I don't even feel like buying myself food." Kola complained. "Halia?" Rose called. "Uh no. I'm about to ask someone else to buy me food." I explained. "Who? Your boyfriend, Keo?" Rose teased. "He's not my boyfriend!" I shouted. "Yet." Rose smirked.

I reached over and grabbed my phone. "I don't even know if he'll actually do it." I sighed. "I'm not encouraging this behavior but, you'll never know until you try. He's a dick so I doubt he'll actually do it, but go for it." Kola explained. "He is a dick." Rose agreed with Kola. "Okay, we get it. Shut up." I snapped. "Aw, look at you. Defending your little boyfriend." Kola and Rose teased.

"I'm not about to keep going back and forth with you guys." I stated. "Then don't. We already know the truth." Rose shrugged. "Yea, I don't know what you see in him but we know the truth." Kola laughed. "Whatever." I shook my head. "Wasn't you the one who told Carlos that denial was the first step to being in love?" Rose questioned. "Yea, but that's not-" I started to say. "I rest my case." Rose leaned back.

I ignored both of them while calling Keo. "Hello?" Keo answered in his sleepy voice. Damn he sounded so good. "Hey." I greeted in an uncontrollable innocent voice. "Bitch talk normal." Rose whispered. I put my middle finger up at Rose. "Did I wake you?" I asked Keo. "Yea, it's fine though." he responded. "Oh." I spoke. "What are you doing?" he wondered.

"I'm at your sisters place right now, helping her." I answered. "Oh, okay." Keo responded. "Keo?" I softly spoke. "Hm." he answered. "I'm hungry." I complained. "Me too." he sighed. I rolled my eyes, but I guess I couldn't be mad at him. "Well, did you eat today?" I asked. "Yea, did you?" he returned the question. "Yea, I had breakfast but...you know what you should do?" I smiled to myself.

"What should I do?" his raspy yet deep voice sent shivers down my spine. "You should buy me food." I responded. "I should buy you some food?" he repeated while chuckling. "Yea, you should." I confirmed. "Should I really?" he questioned. "Yes Keo, you should." I sighed. "Say my name one more time." Keo requested. "W-Why?" I stuttered.

"Because...I like the way you say it." he expressed. "I say it just like everybody else." I laughed to myself. "No. You don't." he argued. "Okay, whatever Keo." I shook my head. "Don't worry, I'll bring you something to eat alright." Keo spoke. "Keo, I'm talking about actually food." I stated. "So am I. Where's your mind at?" he chuckled. "You know what." I rolled my eyes.

Minutes later, I got off of the phone with Keo. "Well, you're definitely feeling him." Kola seem disgusted. "Right, trying to sound all flirty and shit." Rose teasingly smiled. "Did I wake you?" Rose mocked causing Kola and her to laugh. "Now Rose, you're just wrong for that. It was the way she said Hey all cute." Kola expressed, mocking me and making them laugh again. "Stop, that's not funny" I whined.

—————————————

Kola went to get the door when we heard a few knocks. "Halia, Keo wants to talk to you." Kola said, putting a bag of food on her counter. "Okay." I got up and walked towards the door. "Come out here." Keo gestured me. I walked out and shut the door behind me. Keo immediately gave me a long hug. I happily hugged him back.  After a moment he pulled away, leaving his arms around my waist.

"Hey." I smiled at him. Keo had never hugged me like that before. I liked it. "Hey." he softly whispered. "I didn't think you'd actually bring me food, but thank you." I explained. "You're welcome." he quietly laughed. "You wanted to talk?" I questioned. "Yea um, do you want to come over later?" he nervously asked. All of a sudden Keo sounded shy.

"And do what? Netflix and chill..." I said with air quotations. "We don't have to..." he answered. "Then what do you want to do?" I asked. "I don't care. I just...miss you." Keo hesitantly admitted. "Really? Keo, you're playing with me." I laughed. "No, I'm not." he argued. "So, you really miss me?" I asked with an intense stare. "Oddly, yes." he nodded. "Well then, I might come over." I shrugged.

"Okay. So I have to go now, but I'll see you." he softly spoke, pulling away. He looked shy but so adorable. "Okay, see you. Say hi to Mr. bodyguard man for me." I waved. "I will." he laughed to himself. I watched Keo walk away for a few seconds before going back inside the apartment. Rose and Kola both ran back towards the living room, as if I didn't already see them.

It was obvious they were eavesdropping. "I already saw y'all." I announced, walking towards them. "What are you talking about?" Rose questioned, trying to play dumb. I rolled my eyes at her while sitting down. "Who were you talking to?" Kola asked. "Your brother?" I questioned, since she was the one who told me he wanted to talk. "That was not my brother." Kola chuckled.

"Why do you say that?" I laughed. "He has never showed an ounce, of interest in a girl like that before." she explained. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Bitch. He obviously has some type of feelings for you." Rose blurted. "You think so?" I wondered. They both stared at me as if I was dumb.

"Duh! He just said that he missed you and wanted to spend time with you AND he sounded sincere when he said it AND he bought you food. That boy is no longer interested in just having sex, wether he knows it or not!" Rose explained. "Right, I have to agree with Rose on this one." Kola added. "Well, what do y'all think I should do?" I questioned.

"Do you like him? Like more than a friend with benefits?" Rose asked. "If your answer is anything other then no, ew!" Kola stated with a disgusted facial expression. "Well, he's cute. Kinda sexy, kinda annoying and dumb. You guys I don't know. And he is kinda young." I sighed.

"Halia. You're only one year older than him. So what's the problem?" Rose expressed in an annoyed manner. "Okay, fine. The answer isn't no..." I started to explain. "Think about it then, whenever you get a chance." Rose said. "Sure." I shrugged before going to get my food.

~//~//~//~
#thatpussygotpower LMAO

-