twelve

Louis was sat outside on the phone with his hometown best friend while Harry was asleep in the house.

"I shouldn't have done it! I knew it too but I fucked up - "

"Louis!" Zayn snapped, "Shut up for god sake! He's legal! I've been telling you that for the past hour and a half."

"Just because he's legal doesn't mean it's right." Louis hissed.

"Well fuck it."

"You're never any help."

"Don't listen to me then! Go on and tell him you did it for your own sick pleasure instead of letting him know how you truly feel."

With that, the line went dead and Louis was stuck on his own. Zayn had a point and Louis knew it. He couldn't avoid the boy, he's living in his house. Louis knew deep down the kiss wasn't a fuck up but he couldn't bear the thought of kissing a minor, legal or not.

Louis pulled at his hair before aggressively opening his front door and walking back inside. He chugged a glass of water and threw it in the sink, walking to his bedroom.

"Lou?" Harry walked from his own room, he fell asleep on the couch with Louis and he surely didn't wake up there. Louis' head snapped to the side and his body softened.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispered.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be." Louis nodded.

"Heard you rustling around. Very intensely and I'm not on the couch anymore ."

Louis sighed, "Let's go." he nodded towards his own bedroom down the hall. Harry followed him and got in bed.

Before Harry knew it, he blinked awake. He was warmer than he was when he fell asleep.

"You awake?" Louis' soft morning voice whispered.

Harry whimpered and buried his face in the pillow beneath him which just so happened to be Louis' chest.

"Get up, I've been sitting here for the last half hour." Louis said, snaking his hand under Harry's shirt.

"That's not my fault." Harry mumbled.

"It is."

"You didn't have to stay here and wait for me to wake up."

Louis rolled over so Harry would roll off of him causing the younger to whine, he then walked to the toilet.

"Carry me." Harry held his arms out when Louis walked back.

"No, go get ready."

"What are we doing?" Harry asked.

"Nothing." Louis walked to the kitchen to make his tea.

Harry groaned and walked to his bedroom pulling on pink leggings and an oversized crewneck. Louis was in the middle of pouring two teas when he heard Harry walk in.

"I'm finished!" the boy called.

Louis hummed and turned around observing the outfit, nothing he's never seen before. Harry walked up to Louis and fisted the front of his shirt, pulling him down to connect their lips in a short kiss.

"Help me." Harry then pointed to the island, his sprained ankle still hurting too bad. Louis was stunned by Harry's confidence but hoisted the boy onto the counter top none the less.

"Four scoops." Harry hummed while he watched Louis make the teas.

Louis only nodded and handed the boy his tea. "Did I do a good job?" he asked.

"Could've been better."

"Oh fuck off." Louis hissed playfully and leaned against the counter across from Harry.

"What are you doing over there." Harry pouted, motioning for Louis to come by him. Louis rolled his eyes and took the small step, pushing Harry's leg to the side to stand between them.

"Was that so hard." Harry cocked his head to the side.

"Very."

Harry rolled his eyes and picked up his tea with two hands and sipped it then set his back down. Louis watched the boy fondly, he's was too innocent and adorable for this world. He pulled away again getting a loud whine of disapproval from the boy.

"What?" Louis turned around.

Harry groaned and made Louis help him off of the island so they could walk to the family room. Louis sat on the love seat, along with Harry crawling on his lap, squirming around to get more comfortable. They did absolutely nothing for the rest of the day and just sat arm.

But for now, Harry was running in the rain while Louis smoked. He was running up and down Louis' driveway, twirling and trying to catch raindrops on his tongue.

Louis sat dry under the awning and watched Harry dance around. He looked like a proper kid and it made Louis realize how innocent Harry actually was. The boy never had a childhood with his parents and never grew out of the childlike stage.

"Lou come here." Harry giggled, holding his arms out for his friend. Louis shook his head making Harry frown.

"But it'll be fun."

Louis watched Harry's frown deepened, he sighed and stood up walking out into the rain. Harry squealed and ran up to him. "Let's dance!"

Louis chuckled as Harry grabbed his hand and spun around, he grabbed Harry's waist and dipped him making Harry giggle. The boys wet hair was falling in his face and he couldn't stop smiling.

He squeaked and grabbed Louis' shoulders when he picked him up bridal style, "Okay that's enough." Louis walked back to the house with Harry in his arms.

Harry whined, "Noo."

Louis set him down and kissed his cheek, "Go change." he said. Both of them changed into dry clothes and Harry insisted on having a movie night.

"Mate, we watch this every night." Louis groaned when Harry chose Bambi.

"So what, mate." Harry mocked with an eye roll getting a loud laugh from Louis.

"Roll your eyes at me again and see what happens." Louis teased, poking Harry's side.

Of course, Harry did it again.

"Testing me?" Louis raised an eyebrow.

Harry shrugged and pressed play, "Just wanted to see what would happen, but clearly nothing."

By the third movie Louis was bored of it, it was around midnight and neither of them were tired. "Another one?" Harry asked, who was on Louis' lap sideways with his head on the mans chest.

Louis shook his head, "It's midnight. Time for bed."

"But I'm not sleepy."

"I don't care."

Harry scoffed, "You can sleep, I'll watch another one."

"We can watch more tomorrow." Louis said.

Harry was thrown over Louis' shoulder after rolling his eyes making him giggle and scream out, punching Louis' back. Louis laughed with him and threw Harry down on his bed playfully making Harry pout.

"No!" he put his arms out for Louis.

Louis leaned down, a hand on each side of Harry's head. Harry puckered his lips which only got him a quick peck from Louis.

"What was that?" Harry frowned.

"A kiss, now bedtime."

Louis grinned at Harry's pouty face and leaned down connecting their lips then all over his face.

"Okay!" Harry pushed him away, giggling.

"Get ready for bed."

"Let me sleep in your room!" Harry whined, rolling on his tummy.

Louis didn't allow himself to look at the boys revealed bum since he took off his leggings and was only in the jumper and panties.

"Harry, now." Louis said before walking back out to his own room.