thirty six

"Want to kiss your favorite spot goodbye?" Louis joked as Harry sat on the counter top.

They were leaving today.

Yesterday, Louis had called a moving truck and they packed up all of his furniture to take to their flat. It was expensive but not nearly as expensive as it would be to buy new things.

Harry thought for a moment before hopping down and kissing the spot he was just sitting at, doing the same to the kitchen island. Louis groaned making Harry laugh.

"I can't believe I'm leaving this place, I barley got to know it." Louis looked around, he wrapped his arm around Harry's waist when the boy stood close to him.

"How long we're you here before we met?" Harry questioned.

"Almost three months."

Harry smiled, "I loved it here but I'll love our flat just as much."

"I hope I will too. It's almost as big as this house."

"I know!" Harry sighed, "I have an idea."

Louis hummed.

Harry grabbed his hand, "Let's kiss in every room before we leave. Starting here."

Louis laughed loudly but nodded, he let Harry pull him down into a kiss. Next was the living room, then their bedroom. And the rest of the few rooms.

"I think we've already kissed in these rooms." Louis mumbled a second before kissing Harry's lips.

Harry hummed, "It's a goodbye kiss."

Louis kissed him again before leading them towards the door. The house was completely empty now and their bags were packed in Louis' car. They took one last look back and walked out for good. Louis locked the door for the last time and looked at his empty porch. He really loved this house and the short lived memories he had in it.

How he would sit on his porch during the day and wait for Harry or smoke a cigarette outside during the night and look at the moon that always rested just above his house. All the memories he had with Harry, dancing around the house and cooking for them or watching films on the telly which they did every day. Even the memories he had spent alone, like moving in and decorating the home he thought he'd be in for awhile.

It was as happy as it was sad, the pros weighed out the cons and Louis was ready for this next chapter of his life with the boy he loved more than life itself.

He got in the car with Harry and turned his head to face him. "The meadows?"

Harry bit his lip and nodded.

Louis from drove them the short drive to the meadows. Harry got out alone. Louis stayed back and watched from his car as the younger sat down.

Harry rubbed his hands along the ground and bit his lip. He'll miss the place he has so many memories at. He sat for as long as he wanted, they were in no hurry and Louis knew Harry needed this. Fifteen minutes went by before Harry stood up and looked around. His eyes watered over as he wished his farewell to his most beloved place.

The flowers will still bloom in the spring and die in the fall, the animals will still enjoy sunbathing and sprinting through the high plants. The bugs will still eat through the leafy greens and the bees will still get their nectar. Rain will still water the flowers and the sun will still beam down on them.

All while Harry was gone.

The meadows will still live on without him coming everyday and Harry wasn't quite ready to accept that, as silly as it sounds. This place has healed his wounds in every way. He's grown so attached to the spot but he knew he would find a place just as good in Doncaster. A new, fresh flower field was awaiting him just as Louis was back in the car.