thirty one

Harry was first awake this morning, it was early and he woke up with an arm hanging off the side of the bed and the blankets thrown off of his body.

It was New Year's Eve and he felt poorly. His nose was stuffy, his eyes were swollen and his throat was aching. He swallowed uncomfortably and turned to face Louis who was peacefully asleep next to him with his back facing Harry and the blankets low on his waist.

Harry whined quietly at Louis' position. It must mean he's angry at Harry.

Right?

He rolled himself back onto the bed and squished himself into Louis' back, throwing his arm over the man's side.

He was big spoon for once. "Lou." he mumbled.

He called for him again but Louis didn't budge. Harry sat up a bit and sniffled then stuffed his face into Louis' neck and whined.

Louis groaned softly, "Go to sleep."

"I don't feel good." Harry sat back up and pouted down at the elder who turned to lay on his back.

Harry looked down at Louis and pouted sadly. Louis could tell by his face that he wasn't feeling well.

"What's wrong?" Louis asked.

Harry dipped back down onto Louis' shoulder and sniffled again, "I'm ill." he whined.

Louis felt Harry's forehead, he was burning up.

"You're warm." He noted out loud, "Let's go back to sleep, you'll feel better when you wake up."

Harry sighed contently and nodded then closed his eyes again with his hand set on Louis' bare tummy. He couldn't fall back asleep due to his congestion and settled on playing with the hair on Louis' chest.

"Why can you sleep without a shirt but I can't sleep in my undies?" Harry asked.

"I never said you had to wear a shirt, Harry. That's your choice."

Harry pursed his lips into a pout, "I like wearing a shirt to sleep."

"You're a reckless sleeper and I don't think Zayn wants to walk in to see your arse cheeks." Louis explained.

"But I thought he liked guys."

Harry earned a harsh pinch to the side with that statement causing him to yelp and smack Louis' hand.

"That hurt!"

Louis chuckled but quickly spoke in a rather serious tone that caused Harry butterflies. "I'll do worse if you keep talking like that."

Harry was quiet and Louis was dozing off a few minutes later, Harry couldn't help but wonder what Louis could and would do. He wanted to find out.

He ended up falling asleep again and woke up a few hours later with his face stuffed in Louis' neck. He felt worse than before.

Louis was now awake too and trying to help Harry feel better. He was lying in bed and rubbing Harry's head but the boy wouldn't stop crying and complaining. He got up and grabbed a pink jumper and a pair of socks from one of the drawers then wet a washcloth with cold water.

"Put this on, baby." Louis helped Harry into the sweater and put his socks on for him, Harry was complaining about being freezing but he had a high fever.

Which is why once Harry laid back down Louis set the cold cloth on his forehead, "No." Harry jerked his head to the side.

"You need it. It'll help your fever go down."

"No, Lou."

Louis sighed and tried again, Harry having the same reaction as he did a few seconds ago.