thirty three

Louis has been keeping a big secret from Harry for the past few weeks.

They got back from Scotland last week and Louis had been leaving for a few hours almost everyday since. Which caused a small argument between him and Harry since the boy wasn't allowed to come with him and he started overthinking.

This morning while Harry was still asleep he went to pick something up. He was excited and he knew Harry would be too. As much as he enjoyed living with his best mate again, he needed his own place. Especially now that he had Harry.

So he bought a flat just outside of Donny.

When he walked into the door of Zayn's house Harry and Zayn were already awake and were on the couch. Harry pouted and quickly got up when Louis walked in, stomping over to him.

"Where were you?" he questioned and hugged his boyfriend around the torso.

Louis hugged back, "I was picking something up. Didn't want to wake you."

"For me?"

Louis nodded, "And me."

"What is it? Can I see?" Harry jumped up and down, following Louis through the house.

"Come here."

Harry allowed Louis to take them to the bedroom and Harry straddled Louis' waist when he sat on the bed.

"I bought something for us and I need you to pack again."

"Why?"

Louis grabbed Harry's hand and set the key in it then watched the boys face scrunch up in confusion.

"A key?" Harry asked, "Where are we going?"

"To our flat."

He gasped, "You got a flat?"

Louis nodded and smiled when Harry hugged him tightly, "You really did?"

"I just got the keys. We can move in whenever."

"I'm so excited." Harry jumped up, "Is that why you've been gone?" he suddenly put a harsh finger to Louis' chest.

Louis grinned shyly and nodded.

"I was thinking we can move everything this weekend, yeah?"

Harry nodded frantically, "What about your house, and furniture?"

Louis stood up and in front of Harry, holding his waist. "I need to go back and empty my house. I'll call my dad and work out what I want to do with it but that doesn't matter. We have a flat now."

Harry's face paled, "We have to go back?"

Louis shook his head, "I have to. You can stay here with Zayn."

The last time Cheshire was mention, it didn't end well. Louis had to be careful.

Harry bit his lip and looked around, "I - I think I wanna come with you."

"Yeah?" Louis smiled.

Harry nodded warily. He was nervous but he wanted to. Louis leaned down and hugged him, "It's okay if you change your mind but I'm fucking proud of you."

Harry smiled into Louis' neck and nodded.

Later on that day, Louis drove them to the empty place. It was big for a flat. Just a bit smaller than Louis' house back in Cheshire. It had a master and a guest bedroom, three bathrooms, a kitchen and a family room. Harry gushed as he walked around, already planning out what each room would be. Louis just let him because he knew he'd let Harry set up the flat anyway.

It all felt surreal for Louis. This is going to be his new home for awhile and not only that, he's going to be permanently living with Harry. Harry won't be going home every few days, this will be Harry's home and Louis just didn't know how to feel about that.

He walked up behind Harry and pulled him into his chest.

"What do you think? I know I didn't let you see it before I put the offer down."

Harry shook his head and turned in Louis' grasp, "I don't mind. It's perfect, Lou." he smiled widely.

Louis nodded and leaned down, kissing Harry's pink lips. "We're still staying at Zayn's for awhile. We can't stay here with no furniture."

Harry whined but nodded after. He was more than happy to be living with Louis, but just over a week later they were finally able to spend their first night in. Zayn had a spare mattress that they took as well as kitchen appliances. He helped the couple set up then they all ordered food as a small celebration. In which they ate on the floor of the kitchen.

"So do I get to spend some nights here?" Zayn asked, as he picked up a slice of pizza.

"No." Louis laughed.

"Don't be mean, Lou. We have to pay him back for letting us stay at his house." Harry frowned.

Louis groaned when Zayn stuck his tongue out at him childishly. "You can sleep in the empty guest room."

"Fuck you. I gave you a whole room."

"I used to live in that room." Louis hissed.

"And I never got to see your house in Cheshire." Zayn added.

"I can describe it for you!" Harry gasped and set his food down before describing each and every detail about Louis' house, down to the flooring and color of everything. It went on for well over ten minutes. Zayn seemed to be listening the whole time and Louis was grinning. Harry was saying things that even he forgot about his own place. Harry smiled when he finished and looked at Zayn.

"Now that I think of it. Louis could've just showed you pictures." he mumbled shyly.

Both boys barked out a laugh but Zayn squeezed Harry's shoulder, "That was better than pictures could've done. You've got a good picture memory, mate."

"I take pride in that." Harry perked.

After eating, Zayn left to go back to his house and the couple got ready to spend their first night in. Harry set up their bathroom and put his stuffies on the bed, it already felt more like home. He had just finished brushing his teeth and was now skipping to Louis, who awaited him in bed. Louis opened his arms for Harry and the boy plopped down onto the mattress, snuggling into Louis' chest.

"What do y'think?" Louis questioned.

Harry hummed as he shuffled around to get comfortable, "A little uncomfortable."

Louis scoffed.

Harry giggled, "I'm just kidding. I'm happy to be here with you."

Louis kissed the corner of Harry's mouth which made the boy turn his head to kiss Louis properly.

"Me too." Louis mumbled.

"I can't believe we live together now."

"Like we didn't before."