twenty five

The day came when Harry's parents let him go to school, finally. School hasn't been too bad since Violet left, it's not like Derek ever spoke to him much before so not much changed.

He usually sits alone at lunch or sits in the bathroom and calls Louis.

His ribs were hurting from the other night and he hopes nobody notices the yellow bruise on his cheek, nobody pays attention to him anyway.

Harry kept his head down as he walked in, holding his backpack straps tightly on his shoulders. He successfully made it past Jack and his group of mates without them noticing him. He was so tired, he hasn't slept in two days due to fear and his body pains.

He couldn't wait to see Louis tonight.

Harry opened his locker and shoved all the stuff he needed into his backpack before skipping off to class. Thankfully, the day was going well, nobody spoke up him as per usual and he didn't get called on at all during class. When the lunch bell rang, he decided to use the bathroom first. Only to see Derek washing his hands, he swallowed and acted as if he didn't know the boy, walking to an empty stall.

But a hand grasped his shoulder causing him to stumble and fall backwards with a groan.

He looked up seeing the smirk Derek had on his face.

"Where'd you get that from?" he pushed on Harry's bruised cheek making him cry out and scramble up to his feet.

"Stop it." Harry whimpered.

"No, Harry. I won't stop it. You've made my life hell ever since you caught me with Louis. My parents question my every move now and I can't even walk around the halls without being asked if I'm gay."

"How is that my fault?"

"People heard us arguing that day, apparently they heard you call me gay or whatever, for fucks sake, Harry." Derek growled.

"That's not my fault, you chose where you wanted to talk, dumbass!"

"Don't call me the dumbass."

Harry was harshly pushed into the wall moments later, then kicked in the ribs. It hurt worse due to the bruising already. Harry tried shielding himself away but he heard Derek's heavy footsteps walking out. He let out a harsh sob and reached around for his phone to text Louis.

He couldn't find it.

Derek must have his phone.

He quickly stood up, not caring about the shooting pains through his body and he ran out of the bathroom, catching Derek in the hallway.

"Give me my phone." he fisted the boys hoodie, Derek shook his head and pried Harry off of him.

"You don't deserve shit, Harry. You better pray you don't have anything on here. The whole school is going to see it."

Harry swallowed thickly, he knew Derek knew his passcode he could do anything with Harry's stuff.

"Please don't, Derek." Harry cried.

He probably looks absolutely insane right now but he didn't care. It was an empty hallway, everyone was at lunch.

Or so he thought.

The second Derek pushed Harry to the ground a voice spoke up.

"What's up?"

Jack.

He smirked and looked between the two, "The boyfriends have turned on each other."

Harry only whined and brought his knees to his chest. He definitely wasn't getting his phone back now. Two people who hate his guts were against him.