thirty four

February first. Harry's eighteenth birthday.

It was early morning and Louis was sneaking around the apartment. They have been moved in for almost a month now but haven't gotten a chance to go to Louis' old house to get his furniture, so it was a ghost town.

Harry was still asleep in the bedroom and Louis was in the kitchen cooking quietly. He bought Harry a pink and white cake last night, placing exactly 18 pink candles on top and now he was starting on Harry's favorite breakfast. Harry always spoke about how his birthday was never special, his parents did nothing for it since he was a young child. Sometimes they didn't even care to say happy birthday. Louis was going to make today perfect.

Chocolate chip pancakes and fruit was on the menu today. Louis got to cooking. Surprisingly, it didn't take long even though they only owned a few bowls and utensils, that he stole from Zayn's house. He placed everything on two plates and smiled to himself. He poorly cut a strawberry into the shape of a heart and placed it on top of Harry's pancake. Holding the plates in his hands, he carefully made his way to their bedroom, Harry was still asleep on the mattress. Louis set the food on their bedside table and started rubbing Harry's side.

"Harry love, wake up." he murmured.

Harry whined quietly and shook his head.

"C'mon birthday boy."

Harry whined again.

Louis leaned down kissing Harry's cheek and swiping the boys hair from his face causing Harry to open his eyes.

"Happy birthday!"

Harry smiled softly, closing his eyes again for a moment before reopening them, "Morning, Lou."

Louis leaned down, embracing Harry lovingly when the boy demanded for a cuddle.

"I made breakfast. Hungry?"

Harry nodded and sat up with Louis' help. He smiled widely and a soft giggle left his mouth at the little heart in his food.

"You're cute." Harry mumbled.

They ate breakfast in bed together, it was content. After that Harry said he just wanted to sit in bed and cuddle so that's what they did for the next hour. Harry laid on Louis' chest and they talked and laughed and shared many kisses.

Until Louis spoke up, "I planned something for this evening but for now, we can do anything you want."

Harry looked up, "What did you plan?"

"Since you don't want to go out I thought we could have a movie night. I bought all of our favorites."

"We don't have a telly." Harry snorted.

Louis playfully pinched his thigh and chuckled, "On my laptop, shithead."

Harry grinned, "I would love that."

With that they showered, brushed their teeth and got dressed, together the whole time. Harry got dressed alone whilst Louis finished setting up the flat, he skipped out of their bedroom to see Louis in the kitchen.

"Louis." Harry mumbled.

Louis turned around, his breath almost got caught in his throat at Harry's beauty. He was in the prettiest white frilled skirt, white thigh highs that had a bow at the top and a blush pink sweater.

Harry blushed when he noticed Louis staring, "How do I look?"

Louis walked toward Harry, gripping his waist and kissing him over and over, "Fucking beautiful." he mumbled.

Harry smiled softly, grinning when Louis kissed his cheek. Louis took Harry to the living room where his gifts laid on the floor, Harry gasped.

"That's all for me?"