thirty five

Today was nerve racking for Harry. They were driving back to Cheshire. They were going to check on Louis' house and stay there for a few days.

As a final goodbye.

He was nervous about his parents even if it was a small chance that he would see them. He was eighteen now. An adult. He is allowed to legally be on his own and they couldn't do anything about it.

Louis called for Harry as they got ready to leave. He smiled when Harry skipped to the front door, grabbing his hand. Louis locked up the flat and let Harry lead them to the car. They got in, they didn't bring much, Harry had Boo and a small bag. Most of their clothes were still at the house.

"Ready?" Louis asked as he turned the key. Harry shrugged.

He almost backed out of going last night, he cried to Louis about how nervous he was to go back. Louis held him and calmed him down. Harry knew it would be triggering but he wanted to face that instead of hiding from it. He knew if he went back one more time he might get closure with the town.

Or he might not.

Louis pulled from the parking lot of their apartment complex and started driving. It wasn't a long drive back but Louis still drove slow. He was also nervous for Harry, even if he wouldn't admit it. He knew Harry's past and even lived some of it. He understood why Harry was scared about going back.

They turned the radio on and ordered breakfast to eat in the car.

Soon enough, they were in Cheshire. Harry looked around at the familiar place as he played with his fingers nervously. They passed Harry's meadows and he smiled. He needed to go there later, he missed it. Louis pulled into his house with a smile on his face.

"Looks the same as before." he said and looked at Harry who was looking at it as well. The boy nodded. They both got out, Louis carried their bags and gave Harry the key. Harry skipped to the door and unlocked it, looking around the cold place.

"It's chilly, Lou!"

"Because we haven't been here in ages, babe. I'll turn the heat on." Louis walked in passed Harry, he turned up the heat and looked around himself.

Everything was how they had left it, Harry's blanket was still on the couch along with his pants, it was still a little messy from Louis not cleaning. But it felt like home.

"Stay here, let me check everything." Louis said, Harry nodded and watched Louis leave him to check the house to make sure nobody had broken in.

Harry opened the refrigerator and scrunched his nose. The food was far past bad by now. He closed it and turned when Louis came back.

"Louis. Don't open the fridge."

Louis looked at him questionably and walked over to it but Harry stopped him and stood in front of it. "It's for your own good."

Louis chuckled and moved Harry out of the way, opening the doors. He instantly closed them after getting a whiff off rotten food.

"Holy shit." he covered his nose and gagged.

"How did we not think of that!" Harry said.

Louis shrugged, "I don't know but I'm not opening that again."

Harry giggled and left Louis to look through the house, Louis followed him after hearing what sounded to be a moan. He walked to their bedroom seeing Harry lying in their bed with a huge smile.

"Oh Lou. I've never been so comfortable."

Louis grinned and joined him as they both fell into a nap. They couldn't help it, they haven't slept in their bed in months. Harry was first to wake up, he woke Louis up since he wanted food. After they ate Harry dragged Louis to the meadows.