thirty two

Harry was grumpy. It was too early and cold outside for his liking and Louis was too busy to cuddle him, which made him extra grumpy. It was before sunrise and he was currently nodding off on Zayn's couch whilst Louis loaded the car with their few bags of clothes. They were driving to Scotland to attend Violet's prom that was happening tonight.

Harry was up late last night gushing over how excited he was. He's never been to a prom but he also wanted to see Violet, his best friend. Louis was allowed to join as well. Violet bought them both a ticket and told Louis he'll just have to act like a teenager, although Louis had no idea what that meant.

"Darling, c'mon. Let's go."

Harry grumbled and whined loudly when Louis pulled his arms to sit him up.

"I'll get you breakfast."

Harry got up and trudged to the warm car with Louis, they both got in and Louis started driving.

"What are you thinking for breakfast?"

Harry hummed, "I dunno, pancakes?"

"Pancakes in the car, Harry?"

Harry giggled softly and nodded, "What's the big deal?"

"You're the messiest person I know!"

"Am not!"

Louis playfully glared getting another laugh from Harry but Louis still found a McDonald's near by and pulled up to the empty drive thru. It wasn't the best choice of food since it's not the healthiest but he couldn't think of anywhere else to get pancakes. It was seven in the morning after all. He ordered pancakes for Harry and a sausage McMuffin for himself. They got their food and Louis pulled off to a parking space so they could get situated, he really didn't want syrup all over his car. They took a few bites before getting back on the road, they have a four hour drive ahead of them.

Louis looked over and checked on Harry before entering the motorway, Harry was eating contently with sleepiness washed all over his face. He looked adorable.

"Ready?" Louis asked.

"For what?"

"Four hours of driving."

"No but I don't mind it when I'm with you." Harry said.

Louis grinned as he stared at the road ahead of him.

Not long after finishing his breakfast, Harry fell asleep against Louis' window, which was expected. His arms wrapped around himself and his hands were covered by the sleeves of his sweater. Music played quietly so it wouldn't wake him up and Louis focused on driving. The drive went a lot quicker than Louis thought it would. Harry woke up with an hour left to go.

When they arrived, it was almost noon and they had to go shopping for a suit. Luckily, Zayn and Louis were close in size and Zayn had a suit that fit Louis well enough. Louis just had to get one for Harry.

Violet sent a photo of her dress to Harry so they could find colors that matched. Which wasn't hard since it was just a white mini dress.

They arrived at a small dress-wear shop and both walked in. It was nice inside, lots of dresses filled the shop, which Harry eyed up. Louis spoke to the woman at the counter and told her what they were looking for and she led them to the suits.

"I like this one." Louis pointed to a pure white suit.

Harry hummed, "I don't want to stain it."

Louis laughed but still grabbed the suit, Harry picked out three other ones that he liked and the woman took Harry to a changing area.