seventeen

Louis smiled when a few more kisses were planted onto his lips. He was dropping Harry off at school again. Harry pouted over at Louis, he wanted to skip today and blamed it on the pain in his bum but Louis told him no.

"Can't I skip?"

"No, we're already in the parking lot. I told you I have stuff to do today."

Harry pouted sadly and puckered his lips up to Louis again. Which has been the cycle for the last 5 minutes, they've probably shared over 50 kisses.

Louis peppered a few onto Harry's plump lips and then cheek, "I'll see you."

Harry sighed but nodded, the first bell had already rang and teenagers were still piling in.

"Have a good one. Text me." Louis said.

"I will!" Harry chirped and hopped from the car in his yellow sweater and white skirt.

He made eye contact with Derek who was smoking and staring at him pretty intensely. Harry turned around to see if anyone was behind him but there wasn't so he just walked into the building. He wasn't watching where he was going and bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." Harry apologized to the young girl he had bumped into. He kneeled down to help her pick up the small scatter of papers.

"I'm sorry." he whispered to himself.

"It's okay it happens."

Harry nodded and sighed, he knew his face was red from embarrassment. He handed her the stack of papers he had picked up.

"Thanks! Cute outfit by the way." she smiled.

"Thank you." Harry blushed as she walked away, he rarely gets compliments from strangers. It's always dirty looks.

"Nice outfit." Derek's voice came from behind Harry, Harry turned to see his friend who hasn't talked to him the past few days.

"Hm?"

"Nice. Outfit." Derek repeated, obnoxiously with a laugh.

"Oh! Thanks."

"But aren't you cold, it's chilly out."

Harry shrugged and let Derek follow him to his locker, "Not really. I have to walk home tonight so hopefully the sun comes out."

Derek hummed and followed Harry.

"You smell like smoke." Harry scrunched up his nose.

Derek shrugged, "Who gives a shit."

"Me."

By lunch time, Harry called Louis just to talk because he had nobody else to talk to.

"I miss you too."

"You wouldn't have to if you would've let me stay home."

Louis chuckled softly, "Is that so?"

"Yep, wouldn't miss me one bit."